My Comanche!

Hey all,

Just found this place and I'm digging it! Just picked this up over the weekend. Its a 1990 Comanche Eliminator shortbed: 4.0, mild lift (coils and shackles), 31" BFG's, NP231 w/SLE, AX-15 trans, later model hpD30 front axle (no disconnect crap), Chrysler 8.25 rear axle (open). Overall, great shape. A little rot in the drivers floorboard and the paint is bad. Otherwise its clean and mechanically sound. First thing on the list of "to dos" is to repair the drivers side floorboard. What do ya'll think? Sorry for the crappy garage pic but its dark outside.

Image Not Found

Thanks guys! I was really surprised how clean this truck is. Considering it started out in New York and then to Tennesee ,its relatively rust free (minus the drivers side floor). Main thing right now is fixing the floor. I'm also wanting to add some sort of traction device in the rear axle. Any suggestions? Bear in mind I'm on a tight budget and probably won't see a lot of street action.

Thanks guys!

Matt

Hey guys,

GreenF350: This is the one that was on Pirate4x4.

Drahcir495: I collect Hot Wheels, hence, the banner, lol.

automan2164: I'm currently living in Lostant, IL (just south of LaSalle/Peru). Grew up in Rockford though.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Matt

Hey all,

Got bored yesterday so I decided to take up the interior of my MJ to check for rust. here's what I found:

Passenger side:

Drivers side:

The rest of the cab:

I knew the drivers side needed some attention when I bought it. Aside from the drivers side, it doesn't look too bad.

Matt

I'm pretty nervous about cutting and replacing the tin on the drivers side as I've never done it before. Once the new tin is in, I'll probably POR it top and bottom and put some truck bed liner over that. Any tips or tricks you guys would share with a noob? :dunno:

Matt

Here is the extent of the damage. Do any of the aftermarket floorpans account for the rib in running through the floor? The rib appears to still be solid, just have to grind the rust off of it. The PO used fiberglass to patch the hole in the floor :doh:

LOL, I had no idea the HW banner would be so popular! :rotf:

Matt

As I was browsing the board checking out your rig, the banner was the only thing my 2 & 4yr old noticed.

Love'm them Hot wheels! Trying to get a set of rims from a Liberty for my 89 Eliminator (Hot wheels looking) Painted and machined face.

Anthony

Well, looks like I'm probably gonna go with the Sherman floorpan for the drivers side. The passenger side just needs to be cleaned up a little bit via a wire wheel. Any one else here use POR15 after installing new tin?

Matt