1990 Jeep comanche motor swap. (pictures)

update: I am pulling my motor this thursday in exhange for the same 4.0l motor just a remanufactured one. This will be the biggest project for this truck to date. If you guys have any advice it would be greatly appreciated. I will keep you guys updated with LOTS of pictures because everyone loves pictures! Thanks for any and all help guys!!! :cheers:

Before i started.

here's the replacement :clapping:

more pictures to come!!

My dad bought it brand new in 1990 for around 11 thousand bucks. now his 18 year old son(thats me) has it. i've been working on it the last two years.

tell me what you guys think! :thumbsup:

yeah just leave the hood closed and its gorgous haha but ive never liked green :D nice to see somone my age on here haha holler at me if you need anything. if i can help i will :D welcome to the club btw :cheers: image_209027.gif

yeah just leave the hood closed and its gorgous haha but ive never liked green :D nice to see somone my age on here haha holler at me if you need anything. if i can help i will :D welcome to the club btw :cheers: image_209027.gif

I'm not that much youger than you if your 18. I'm 16....

anyway thats one clean truck

where can i get that intake???!!!!!! jamminz.gif

that intake was a little custom job i made. I got all the intake parts from autozone. made a little bracket to hold the filter up off the ground and the 3 little vacumm tubes that goes into the stock intake fit right into the pre bought tubing. its a pretty easy task to do. I'll get some more pics up later today. :yes:

I got one like that at O'Reillys. It has different adapters to make it work with what ever hoses you have. With spectre on the market now the whole setup with filter is like $20. I wouldn't go as far as saying it is a cold air intake but, my factory air box was cracked anyway.

looking great. you had better post more pictures here soon the club gets a little crazy when they do not get a bunch of pictures to drool over

:hmm: so are you going to fix the parking break any time soon? or are those just your pet rocks fallowing your MJ?

Pilotblake:

I see you filtered your rocker cover ventilation tube also. how often do you go through filters?

Not much help there. I only ran the jeep that way a few months then sold it. The jeep really didn't really puke out much oil before I changed out the original airbox though :dunno:. Once again the vent tube got broke, and I had that filter laying around from an R/C car so I figured what the heck. Looks good :brows: Sorry to :hijack:

looking great. you had better post more pictures here soon the club gets a little crazy when they do not get a bunch of pictures to drool over

:hmm: so are you going to fix the parking break any time soon? or are those just your pet rocks fallowing your MJ?

its one of those projects that i can't help but procrastinate on. I just got done doing an overhaul on the drum brakes this weekend so now my only senseable choice would be to fix the parking brake. i just have to find the right sized cable. :hmm: