spark plugs

champion copper plugs, don't go fancy she won't like them.

if yuo go to the dealer you will receive champion plugs in a mopar box.

if you absolutely must get something other than that, an autolite or an NGK is a good plug. but like i said, don't get platinum or any of that crap. renix jeeps run best with standard copper plugs.

do not deviate from plane ole champion, usually the part number is on the sticker w/ the engine and emission info under the hood to. i wouldn't even suggest ngk or autolite, champion is cheap and plenty to come by, no need to stray. there's millions of stories about 4.0's not running rigth from different plugs.

I just treated both the MJ's to new Champ's. :cheers:

I've always gotten similar results from Champion's & NGK's,

with the NGK's lasting longer,

but Champs still seem to be made in the USA.

The plug wires I got from AutoZone were also USA built. :USAflag:

Might as well enjoy getting 'anything' made in US while we still can. :(

• 1 month later...

i pulled the old champion plugs out of my 2.5 the other day. they were so old and burnt up. the 2.5 had a miss when it was cold. but when it warmed up it ran ok just not a lot of power. well i figured i would put some new plugs in it. i went and got some new ngk plugs. always heard good things about them. well gotem in and took off for a drive. went about 4 miles to a friends house. i sat there talkin for a while. when i started it back up it was missin bad. smelled like it was over loadin with fuel bad. i drove it home spitin and buckin. the next mornin i started it still missin and buckin. i drove it to work it was fine if i held it wide open. when i left work i had to go to town it was still missin. but the more i drove it the better it ran. now it doesnt miss at all.... :grrrr: any ideas on this one? lol maybe i should put some champs back in it :dunno:

Autolites? NOOOOOO, I won't run those in my mower, heard way too many horror stories. Id run champion coppers only in my Jeep motor. Platinum plugs+blowby=very bad

like what are some horror stories? i bought autolite platinum plugs for my future 4.6l stroker but i have yet to fire the motor and I'm actually a long ways away from firing it (i actually bought the plugs for my XJ and ended up just cleaning my old ones in a spark plug cleaner)

Josh

i was running some platinums from bosch i think before i met you guys here, i had them in for less than a year and then i was having some problems i took them out and every single one was detonated, cracking apart and just otherwise causeing damage I'm sure

so i did some reading and went back to the ole champs, and well ... runs great now

i was running some platinums from bosch i think before i met you guys here, i had them in for less than a year and then i was having some problems i took them out and every single one was detonated, cracking apart and just otherwise causeing damage I'm sure

so i did some reading and went back to the ole champs, and well ... runs great now

Thats what I'm runnin and I love them. Had champion somthin or other in it before. Way better start time, better fuel economy and more power. OTOH I tried a set in my renix motor AND THEY SUCKED!!!! H.O. motor for the bosch, Good ol champion in the renix.

Thats what I'm runnin and I love them. Had champion somthin or other in it before. Way better start time, better fuel economy and more power. OTOH I tried a set in my renix motor AND THEY SUCKED!!!! H.O. motor for the bosch, Good ol champion in the renix.

ya Ive got the 2.5 renix edition so the poor thing just couldnt do it, at first it seemed good but i don't know what happened, great engine though otherwise, someitmes i hear a little knock but 5000km is coming soon so i might do the diesel oil thing

but ya, ill never run anything other than the champs again

My 88 with a 2.5L had Bosch Platinum's in it when I got it. Ran like crap.

I replaced them with the Champion RC12LYC plugs and she ran like a champ.

I run these same plugs in my 4.0 Cherokee and have no complaints.

Jeeps seem to like Champion plugs.