Jeep J-5500

AMC-MJ

You have heard about my Jeep J-truck build, where i will be combining a 89-93 REAM350 with a 62-88 J-truck , then beefing up the axles n springs to make it a 550/5500 series truck ? well if not you have now.

Let me introduce you to the Cad rendering of the truck.

Jeep J-5500:

Next build after this one the MJ will become a dually as well. . .

Mike

i want to build it i planned it out then started second guessing the build then almost called it off, then a fellow FSJ'er PM'd me this photo he made . . . now i am excited and can't wait to see his fianl product, i also can't wait to start the build jamminz.gif

Wait till i do the min version with the MJ using Nissan/Toyota dually axles jamminz.gif

Mike

Do a google search for the Dually FSJ registry... There is a quite a number of these out there from the factory. Very cool though...

yes there is, and there far to rare for me to cutting one up to making it a diesel, the only way i was going to build this build is if i could do it with out cutting up a whole or complete truck.

I found a salvage yard with 2 jeep cab's for me. . .

Mike

19.5's and twin D80's with 4.56 Gear's will be plenty enough for me . . .

1. GSK-3K.

2. Fuel pin.

3. intake.

4. exhaust.

5. 190 Injector's.

6. 12cm turbo deal.

should get me about 300hp n 650tq being spun through the 5spd manual and put to the ground vis 4.56 gears and 245/70R19.5G's . . .

Mike

19.5's and twin D80's with 4.56 Gear's will be plenty enough for me . . .

1. GSK-3K.

2. Fuel pin.

3. intake.

4. exhaust.

5. 190 Injector's.

6. 12cm turbo deal.

should get me about 300hp n 650tq being spun through the 5spd manual and put to the ground vis 4.56 gears and 245/70R19.5G's . . .

Mike

Don't forget about the KDP.

Rob L.

Jeepfreak93:as for the build thread I don't know, I figured I was already pushing it with my

"Hey look at this" thread of a no related truck.

KDP ?

Sorry still new at this 5.9er thing.

Mike

The KDP is the Killer Dowel Pin....

http://dodgeram.org/tech/dsl/Dowel_Pin/tab.htm

Its a pin located on the front of the block, under the timing cover... It has been known to work its way out, and fall into the timing set, ruining EVERYTHING. Cummins, and Mopar offer a kit that uses a bolt hole next to the pin, to fasten a tab over the pin to stop it from backing out... It will happen on a stock 5.9, but even more likely on a modified one...

MVC-004r.jpg

Just do a search on "Killer Dowel Pin" it should show you all the in's and outs.

I miss my '97 CTD 12V...

Rob L. :(

Jeepfreak93:as for the build thread I don't know, I figured I was already pushing it with my

"Hey look at this" thread of a no related truck.

KDP ?

Sorry still new at this 5.9er thing.

Mike

hey its still jeep i believe noone will have a problem with a jeep in the projects forum.

Yea........I like your idea with the flat bed........doing the same some day here with the J20 I picked up this fall........with the shot bed........just not planning on the duallys.......just yet :roll:

:hmm: would be a use for a D70 I'll have after stripping down an old E350 cuber :hmm:

Yea.......just need to find a dually D60 for the setup, or change the hubs out :hmm:

What axles came with the J20??

This full size stuff is all new to me :oops:

I'll stick with the mid-size stuff to finish up some projects first.......then move up to the full size beast next :D

I found a salvage yard with 2 jeep cab's for me. . .

Mike

I'd be interested to see these... It'd be nice to find out that my old J10 went to a yard instead of the crusher.

Cab 1 is green with a white front clip, truck 2 is all tan .

Mike