upcoming CC milestones

Pete M

I just noticed that we're approaching our 3000th member. :clapping: We're also approaching our 20,000th thread and our 200,000th post (these numbers come from the bottom of the "Board Index" page). So here's a bit of the breakdown, just for the heck of it.

These numbers are all rounded off. I'm not that bored. :nuts:

1900 members have at least one post

700 members at least 25

500 members at least 50

300 members at least 100

80 members at least 500

The top 40 posters have 100,000 combined posts

None of these numbers include the old yahoo group site, which has about 28,000 posts and 1648 members, many of whom are duplicates of guys here or spammers.

I wonder how we compare to other Jeeping or other niche sites. :dunno: Although, I know some of the other sites will go through and delete non-active accounts or they have a fee system and that might skew the numbers.

When did CC start? Most chat rooms are not that long lived. Don't know if any of ya'all are part of it, but 4banger.com has slowed down a lot in comparison to what I see as a proliferation of, as noted, members here. Maybe it could be because it deals not with the 2.5 only, but ..........

drum roll ...........

the greatest of all automotive wonders .........

THE MJ!!!!!!!

:bowdown:

GREAT site - GREAT people with a common interest.

This sight Keeps my mind off life troubles

I want to thank the staff for all their hard work, with steering us right when we are wrong. I have enjoyed this sight, and shared it with others for whom I know.

Signed

Comanche JUNKIE AKA Robert from Lake Worth, Fl :D

...I want to thank the staff...

Little known tidbit. You can see all of the guys responsible for modding by clicking "The team" just under the corner of the board index page...

:D

Thanks be to Pete... the mods just keep the rif-raf in check. ;)

Rob L. :cheers:

Ya know...........I lurked around here for over year before I sign up........I've had some bad experiences in other forms, and just wanted to see what became of this one.......and, well, I guest we all can see where it came from, were it went, and what it has become :D

Pete, you have done a fine job on keeping this form up and running for the past (almost) 5 years :bowdown:

I almost hate to say this.........But, I'm personally responsible for silencing 3 members :oops:

(I bought there MJ's from them, and they seam to drop out of here :dunno: )

I'm always surprised to see new members join, that "just bought a MJ" even thought these trucks are 20+ years old :eek: Ya wonder if these things will ever lose interest, or just die off like some other models over the years, but, NO, they keep on chugging along :yes:

I've had a lot of 'fun' in here, and meet alot of new people over the MJ's, and hope to continue on for a few more years :D

Just as long that the darn day job don't keep messing up my CC time :fs1:

I wonder how we compare to other Jeeping or other niche sites. :dunno: Although, I know some of the other sites will go through and delete non-active accounts or they have a fee system and that might skew the numbers.

What do you want to know?

Jeepsunlimited.com

Threads: 471,542

Members: 103,849

I don't delete non-active accounts. There are just too many to deal with. We don't have any fees associated with any type of premium membership or anything like Pirate4x4 has, as we just don't have the content currently to deal with it.

Clearly we're being out-posted :D but I'd be curious as to how the breakdown of members goes. For example, the most prodigious 1.3% of posters here account for fully half the posts. I wonder if that scales up. :dunno: Is this just a case of our small group, or is this more like the bell curve, which can be applied to all sorts of things in the world. :smart:

I think that is pretty normal Pete. You'll find that in a smaller site like CC, that the people who "post the most" will account for a larger percentage than on a larger site.

Edit: I bet if you check the stats on the inside, there will be a HUGE jump in the amount of people now checking to see where they rank for member posts. lol :D

Probably. and since I can't easily transfer all of these numbers into excel for a simple tally, we may never know. :dunno: To scale up, the top 1.3% of 103000 is almost 1400 people, and I just don't have that much patience to copy paste all that. :ack:

Clearly we're being out-posted :D but I'd be curious as to how the breakdown of members goes. For example, the most prodigious 1.3% of posters here account for fully half the posts. I wonder if that scales up. :dunno: Is this just a case of our small group, or is this more like the bell curve, which can be applied to all sorts of things in the world. :smart:

Ok...here are some numbers for you:

Top 50 posters on JU have 450,870 posts.

They would be 0.00048% of all users on JU

They account for 11% of all posts

Top 200 posters on JU have 1,023,058 posts.

They would be about 0.02% of all users on JU

They account for %25 of all posts.

Moderators and Admin totals (35 users) : 174,532 posts

That's 0.0425% of all posts

Those groups account for 0.000337% of all users

:cheers:

how long has JU been online?

I believe since mid-2001...but don't hold me to that. It has had MANY different configurations, bulletin boards, etc.

I'm hoping to install new software soon. I'll have a dedicated MJ section on it as well, and will be glad to host any and all tech articles you guys want to give me.

how long has JU been online?

I believe since mid-2001...but don't hold me to that. It has had MANY different configurations, bulletin boards, etc.

I'm hoping to install new software soon. I'll have a dedicated MJ section on it as well, and will be glad to host any and all tech articles you guys want to give me.

Wait, are you the creator of JU?

Rob L.