im pretty sure u guys have seen this before

DansGreyMj

and some guy just commented me with this: (jakeanthony777 wrote:

> the guy in the h1 wasent locking the diffrenchl and the jeep had what 10 grand put in to it hummer rule @#$% jeeps)

i laughed at what he had to say

if that xj had 10k into it id like to see where, ive been through harder obstacles in my 99 2wd superduty

I have always said hummers are the jacks of all trades, but master of none. While H1s are above-average on any off-highway obsticle, there is always a better stock vehicle for whatever trail you encounter.

For the money of an H2 I'd rather have a Grand Chero, Disco2, or Outlander, but thats just me.

ok i just have this to say: hummers suck no matter what. i have a pic of a wrangler pulling a stuck H1 out. so if a wrangler has to pull out an H1 why waste 100k when you can only spend 15k and have something better? if i find the pic i will post it.

Alex

There's a version of the H1 (Alpha) that comes with the 6.6L stock. They're still slow because of their weight.

Anyways, the H1 scores about 300 on a RTI ramp. Not exactly the stuff legends are made of... What's a stock Jeep score? You tell me...

Mostly they're over-hyped BS because they did have a pretty revolutionary suspension. That doesn't mean it WORKS.

Actually I beleive that the 6.6l turbo diesel was the stock engine in the original Hummer "H1". At least I haven't seen any originals with anything different.

I Really like H1's mainly looks and brute power, but H2's need to stay on the road for the soccer mom's to drive.

But of course the Comanche is clearly the best :brows: comanche.gif

i have a pic of a wrangler pulling a stuck H1 out. so if a wrangler has to pull out an H1

i can't remember where but ive seen an xj pull out an h2

people need to realize that an h2 is just a 3/4 ton tahoe witha funny looking body and fenders big enough to run 35s or huge wheels

a lot of it has to do with the drivers skill...i ran trails on my wife's ZJ with a BB and 30's that an allmighty rubi(stock) got stuck on. jamminz.gif

hummers suck!!! id drive a HMMWV just because they look cool but my JP's will out wheel them except for water fording!

Jeez.. That guy(mentioned in the first post) must really love Chevys, cause that is all Hummers are.. Glorified Chevys... Chevy Engine, Transmission, and T/case...

And if Hummers are all that..

Then how come this happened to a club members H1 on a very small rock garden: (its a chevy 241 T-Case)

abz.sized.jpg

And it had to be taken home like this:

aca.sized.jpg

Hummers were built to drive across the sand , climb 2' walls, and carry a bunch of guys with big guns.. Thats it... Anything outside of that duty and its a big oversized POS!!!....

And I know from having wheeled with one many many times.. and having to fix it when it broke.. thats how I got that broken t/case picture.. I was the one lying under the thing removing all the driveshafts so we could tow it out of there!!! Which the MJ did marvelously!!!

Thanks,

Ryan

88 MJ.. H1 Puller!!!!

I drove a MIlitary hummer when I was in Panama, and when used right it was a great rig. MIne had the diesel and was a true dog, but man could it play in the mud and sand :D As for Jeeps being better :dunno: I have broken just about every part on my rig at least once :eek: :wrench: Saying one vehicle sucks over another is just childish :fool: :nanner:

hummer tribute...

AKA: we've finally been able to collect 2 good minutes of H2s offroad and not getting stuck and 4 minutes of bashing jeeps with bad drivers and or open diffs.

:yes: :rotfl2:

that jeep grand waggy was it? that went flyin down lions back... OUCH

id hate to have been in that thing. what did the brakes go out?

that jeep grand waggy was it? that went flyin down lions back... OUCH

id hate to have been in that thing. what did the brakes go out?

I think I know the video you're talking about. If it is it was a K5 Blazer that came speeding down lions back. Still not a place I would want to be. 8)

The odd thing it that Lionsback isn't the tallest, isn't the narrowest, isn't the steepest hill in Moab, but it is tall, narrow, steep, and located right next to the road which allows for spectators to gather. It's private property now and they charge a fee to go up it.

IIRC the lions back video was a lady driving off road for the first time. Her husband was trying to teach her to drive off road and have some fun. Something gave way in the brakes and the motor stalled. She ended up with a broken leg, but giving the situation it coulda been alot worse. I'll see if I can find it. 8)