AX-15 swap Nov 21-22

Geonovast

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gas Jeep

Diesel-Ford

I know what you meant, I think his F-250 is a gas burner. He replaced a part that made it "sound" like it has a turbo... Unless he has a NA motor burning rudolphs No. 2(unlikely), its got to be a gas mill.

Correy, to me, a gas burner is gas. Diesels don't burn gas. They burn oil. So diesels to me are oil burners. :smart:

Rob L.

gas Jeep

Diesel-Ford

I know what you meant, I think his F-250 is a gas burner. He replaced a part that made it "sound" like it has a turbo... Unless he has a NA motor burning rudolphs No. 2(unlikely), its got to be a gas mill.

Correy, to me, a gas burner is gas. Diesels don't burn gas. They burn oil. So diesels to me are oil burners. :smart:

Rob L.

:agree:

1. Its a 3-0-small

2. It does burn excess fuel when loaded...But replacing the fan clutch has helped that problem tremendously.

3. I would be more likely to have a 6.9 or a first gen 7.3. I have never been impressed with the 2nd gen 7.3 or the 6.0. A 6.9 might be the slowest truck on the road... but you will certainly get there for the next 700 or 800 thousand miles.

4. Correy, do you have a 2.5l that needs a rebuild?? I haven't ever rebuilt one, and if it was the right price I might be interested in a winter project.

5. You guys are really bored to do a page and half on my crappy Ferd tow rig......

No, don't really need anything rebuild. My 2.5 just needs some TLC, not really a build up truck, but I was planning on straightening out the body pretty good, getting it rustless, then possibly rebuilding either the 2.5 that's in it or my extra one with a bit of a bore.

Good News - I'll be there for this and I will be able to help out where I can. Doc and I spoke yesterday and we came up with a tentative date in January to get me sewed back together. I guess the type of hernia I have is OK to live with for awhile, but I'm still getting it taken care of ASAP. Until then I just keep doing my thing and avoid heavy lifting.

Good News - I'll be there for this and I will be able to help out where I can. Doc and I spoke yesterday and we came up with a tentative date in January to get me sewed back together. I guess the type of hernia I have is OK to live with for awhile, but I'm still getting it taken care of ASAP. Until then I just keep doing my thing and avoid heavy lifting.

where's it at? is it inguinal, umbilical?

mine was inguinal. still getting used to the mesh that they put in. when you get surgery, do exactly what the doctors say.

anyways, if this were a week later I'd be able to make it.

where's it at? is it inguinal?

Yep, same spot as where my Dad and both Grandfathers had it at. I had this one coming sooner or later. :(

I plan on taking it nice and easy after everything is done. I won't be able to do much of anything in January anyway with it being cold outside and all.

I'm going to be changing out the whole set of tie rods on the '90 tomorrow. I'll let it take me all day. Thats the nice thing about having two trucks that are "turn key". One goes down and the other one sits ready to roll.

I drove it up on the ramps tonight to get ready to take the tires off and I smelled some gas. Popped the hood and sure enough the injectors are leaking. So I came inside right away and I ordered the new set from Precision.

Came back outside and started to take the tires off and found a tack in my tire. So I got that patched and we should be good to go. Tomorrow I can finally set out to do the tie-rods and hopefully nothing more pops up!

it is pretty convenient to have two running, driving vehicles. I need the 96 xj i picked up from automan back on the road, or the 3800 back on the road...because the 87 seems to be broken more often than not.

be extremely careful in the winter brent...a slip on the ice and trying to catch balance could tear it more. mine was inguinal as well.