Mount St Helens erupted!

Darren

On May 18, 1980, but I'm sure we all know that.

Brenda and I went for a drive today to check it out.

Photos were taken at various view points/observatories/parks along Spirit Lake Highway (SR504).

It was amazing how nice the weather was, at 4,000 ft in October it was to warm to wear a coat. On the way back we ate at the Toutle Dinner, great food, I'd highly recommend it.

Oh good. It looks like they got the guard rails in. :D When I was there, the road was paved, but the rails hadn't been completed yet. Quite a fun drive with nothing between you and the thousand foot plummet. jamminz.gif

Oh good. It looks like they got the guard rails in. :D When I was there, the road was paved, but the rails hadn't been completed yet. Quite a fun drive with nothing between you and the thousand foot plummet. jamminz.gif

Next time you’re in this part of the world, you’ll need to let us know. I’m sure I’m not the only CC member that would like to meet up with you. And depending on the economy, who knows probably even buy you a beer.

I climbed Mount St Helens a few years back. I was dead tired by the time I reached the top but the view was well worth it. About half way up where it gets really rocky, you tend to get mobbed by squirrels. They obviously are hand fed because they will try to climb up your pants. :D