CAD fix #1

lol and on that side note yes the pipe does hit the crossmember at times but only because I'm missing the clamp that slides into that rubber bushing on the crossmember, tans to crossmember mount is new.

Doesn't carnuck have you all lined out to repair that? 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't believe so, he posted a great pic of what i need but hornbrod gave most info, i just needed to know where to ge that part and i'll be set, the site that was given had no picture and i don't want to order something that i have no idea what it looks like. right now some heavy gauge steel wool does the trick, no rattles

nope took a few of pads of wool wrapped steel coat hanger wire around them to keep them together then wedged it between the crossmember and the pipe, the down pressure of the pipes keeps it in place. after so long it needs to be replaced but its a cheap and easy fix for now

and had to edit the last post srry

nope took a few of pads of wool wrapped steel coat hanger wire around them to keep them together then wedged it between the crossmember and the pipe, the down pressure of the pipes keeps it in place. after so long it needs to be replaced but its a cheap and easy fix for now

and had to edit the last post srry

That's funny. And, innovative.

i don't believe so, he posted a great pic of what i need but hornbrod gave most info, i just needed to know where to ge that part and i'll be set, the site that was given had no picture and i don't want to order something that i have no idea what it looks like. right now some heavy gauge steel wool does the trick, no rattles

The part number I gave you is the correct exhaust bracket you need. But if you are happy with the steel wool and it works, go for it mate.

The part number I gave you is the correct exhaust bracket you need. But if you are happy with the steel wool and it works, go for it mate.

I'm pretty sure Blaine wants to fix it correctly. Perhaps he got confused/sidetracked with other folks posts muddying the waters when indeed all he needed was the part number from you. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm about to attempt the CAD fix by adjusting the shift fork over and installing the cover update down. I see the vacuum lines I need to plug, but I also have what looks like a pigtail connector plugged into the cover on the left with a black and red wire. What is that for, and should I reattach it after flipping the cover? I can't attach pics from my phone,but the original pics in this thread show the same wires. Thanks.