Darren

What should I do?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do?

• Sell it, get a new Jeep project
    • Sell it, get another MJ and keep it stock-ish
    • Keep it, cause it looks good in the driveway
    • Keep it, and continue the charade that someday I'll go wheeling

Today is really the last day of summer and I had planned a wheeling trip with a friend of mine. Well that didn't work out, his heater core blew last night. So I'm at home pouting. The summer is over and I didn't go wheeling a single time. As a matter of fact, this Jeep has been wheeling in 4 years, back when it was all stock. I work weekends and have Mondays and Tuesdays off so finding someone to go wheeling with is hard to do. Plus I live very far away from any place to go wheeling. Lastly, my wife is pregnant so I figure in a few months it will only get harder to try and go. I don't even get a chance to drive it on the road since I have a company rig. All this has led me to wonder, why do I have this Jeep, why am I constantly working on it when there is nothing wrong with it, why am I trying to make it "better on the trail" when it will never see one? Maybe I should ditch it and get a new project, a Wagoneer, or another MJ and keep it stock, maybe a TJ. What should I do?

Follow the link in my signature if you aren't familiar with my Jeep.

:(

You know you want to keep it.

Just think of how much you'll be kicking your own posterior if you sell it to some young punk that's going to roll it when they stuff it into a ditch the first time they go 4bying in it.

Buck up, feel fortunate its only the heater core that went pear shaped- it could have been something truly catastrophic instead.

don't give it up, most of us have been in this position. i had to sell my first jeep i built to pay bills, and when my family started. i wish i never did, after that i gave up after a few years and thought i'd never be able to get into jeeps again.

it will be hard to keep it up for the next couple years, but now my boys are 3 and 6, i've got a couple projects, and my mj and xj, and i'm glad i was able to get back into it. i wish i still had my first yj.

don't sell it, and in a few years you'll be all over it. worst case.

Darren, you're retarded. :fool: It's a killer rig and you should never sell it. Get a cheap XJ or even a Honda sedan or whatever your flavor of kidmobile is. It will be harder to get another project once your bambino arrives, time and money will be reduced for sure. The worst thing that happens is it sits some more over the next few years, but at least you'll have it and get to drive it for quick runs to the store or the occasional "man time" you'll get with your boys. And, if a wheeling opportunity does come up, well, there it sits waiting to go. :thumbsup:

I voted to Keep it.

But, why not sell some of the useful wheeling parts and replace with something more street worthy? That way you do not start another project that you will not have time for later on. Re build your truck as a good solid stock-like truck that can take on the trails when you go. Plus, you will probably make a little money selling off those MJ specific wheeling parts.

Just talking about selling it is blasphemy. This is a Comanche site and we all love them or we would not be here. I have a real project and I cherish it. I waited 6 years to find it and I would not sell it for anything. It and my XJ are like my kids. I know every inch of them and have my blood sweat and tears in both of them.(not to mention a veritable fortune) So you can guess that I vote to keep it and look for an XJ to use as a kidmobile.

I am probably the most qualified to answer this. I sold mine and regretted it every day since then. Then I had to buy it back. Some cars are worth buying and getting rid of. The only time you wheel with them is the day before you trade them in (a Pontiac 6000 STE for example). Others are not. Do you realize I actually had a mint Grand Cherokee Orvis Edition with a 4.0 and I sold it? I have to live with that.

Since you don't have to put the miles on it, that is half the battle. Plus, if I recall correctly, it is a red chief. :clapping:

My Jeep is my passion without it I would truly be a dull miserable SOB. I don't have the vices of my younger years,so I believe that my MJs are the few fanatical things that I allow myself to indulge in.

Hope you get over the test in your Comanche faith. Remember how fortunate we are when we can tell others

"It's a Jeep thing,you wouldn't understand"!

Look at how many times you see a WTB- MJ in the classifieds,they don't make MJs any more. Consider yourself one of the fortunate ones who has an MJ,not wishing they still did or wanting one.

I'm new to all this, got my first one in 07, but i sold it shortly after a year of ownership cause i decided to put a bucket over my head and be a dumba$$, i didn't realize how much i liked my mj till it was gone, and i was lucky enough to find and afford a 2nd one, and now i love it, and i will not sell this one! you can always get rid of it if you really want to, but rarely can you get them back once its gone.

you will regret ever selling it. it's built, it's wheelable. best bet, park it. rotate the tires, keep it clean, don't invest any more money until you are able to justify it by actually using it. it's too nice and you're too smart to sell it after all the EXCELLENT hard work you've put into it.

if you don't want it any more i would love to buy it or trade my 1995 1/2 ton chevy for it but dude you have been the envy of what i wanted my jeep to be like.

so if you want to sell you had better come to me FIRST that way you know that it will go to a good home!