My new toy store. Pics! More good finds!

Automan2164

Rob L.

What axle/axles are you getting out of the ZJ,and what are you putting them in?

Quote:I am taking out roasted D30/D35 3.55's, and putting in D30/D44 limited slip with 3.73's. Why?

Rob L.

Just asking cause I got a D30 for free out of a 94 ZJ ,No CAD,has 297x u joints. This is where I learned about the differences in a "high" or "low" pinion D30.(Mine was "low"=bad).

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob L.

Quote:I am taking out roasted D30/D35 3.55's, and putting in D30/D44 limited slip with 3.73's. Why?

Rob L.

Just asking cause I got a D30 for free out of a 94 ZJ ,No CAD,has 297x u joints. This is where I learned about the differences in a "high" or "low" pinion D30.(Mine was "low"=bad).

All ZJ D-30s are low pinion. And I'm fairly certain that the rear is a D-44A.. But I don't think either of us put a magnet on it to check.

Rob L.

Rob L.

All ZJ D-30s are low pinion. And I'm fairly certain that the rear is a D-44A.. But I don't think either of us put a magnet on it to check.

i have a 97 v8 zj in the shop rigth now and the d44 is not aluminum.

This titbit of info is promising.

Rob L.

if i remember right you should be able to tell just by looking, the aluminum tubes are easy to tell the difference, i'd hold out to find a non aluminum

This titbit of info is promising.

Rob L.

if i remember right you should be able to tell just by looking, the aluminum tubes are easy to tell the difference, i'd hold out to find a non aluminum

I don't know how long I can hold out... The howling is getting worse and worse. I'll take my chances. This is just going to be basically stock, maybe a 1-2 lift, and 30's or something at most.

Rob L.

D30 low pinion = increased F/driveshaft angle with lift.

Thats why I scratched the low pinion axle idea.I am going to use the 1 piece axles with my CAD style axle though.

Larger 297x Ujoints.High pinion.

More importantly the decrease in strength of the R&P set in a low pinion set-up.

But... Rob and you are talking about two different kinds of projects. Rob is replacing his toasted axle. He is getting 3.73 gears as a bonus. But everything else is staying the same. You are working on a Jeep with a good sized lift and much larger tires. Different project requiring different needs...

25% off?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? You just made my day Will!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

That will save me $67.50 on the axles alone! Score!

So are you down for some debotchery at 9 am?

Rob L.

25% off?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? You just made my day Will!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

That will save me $67.50 on the axles alone! Score!

So are you down for some debotchery at 9 am?

Rob L.

Yup.... I saw the commercial on tonight during the Bears game I knew you would be thrilled...

I can easily afford some more parts now....

I'll be there. But don't expect me to be sunny....

Sunny?

Rob L.

Good mood...

and for whatever wierd reason...A regular hitch is $10 a reciever hitch is $30....

But I saw a couple of hitches when we were looking around...

Sunny?

Rob L.

Good mood...

and for whatever wierd reason...A regular hitch is $10 a reciever hitch is $30....

But I saw a couple of hitches when we were looking around...

Why no good mood? Do ya hate me that much?

I planned on helping you pull what you wanted/buy ya lunch at least...

Rob L. :(

Oh, I figured as much. Well we are all ready to go here on my end. I just have to put the toolbox together, but so far in the ZJ I have:

Angle grinder, 2 grinding blades, 5 cutting blades

Sawzall, 25 Steel blades, 3 Fire/Rescue specialty blades

Electric impact

2 Cans "Free" super penetrant smells like nail polish, works awesome ($10 a can)

2 Cans "PB Blaster" penetrant

2 Cans Brake clean

Honda Generator

24 PK water

Safety glasses

Gloves

Flashlight

We should be good to go. Don't hurry if your not a morning person. I'll get started without ya, and you can jump in whenever. No hurry. Just as long as I get out with my axles by 6PM. Be nice to get some "extra" goodies at 25% off too. :D

Rob L.

We scored a big pile of stuff....

Rob will add pics.. if his camera didn't break when he got me in the picture.....

I am sore and tired... and I had to take a shower as soon as I got home..My wife wouldn't let me sit on anything...