My new toy store. Pics! More good finds!

Automan2164

Rob... know why that tank smelled of gas so bad???? One of the vent cap plugs is missing... Figured that out when I got it out of the ZJ upside down...

Did you end up pulling that YJ windshield??

Sorry about that vent Will. I had forgotten that was loose and fell off when I was gift wrapping it. I found the vent and line in the back of the ZJ when I got home. As for the smell... ? Would have to ask Correy on that one. I just took it home and its been sitting under my deck ever since. Maybe some bugs/water got into it. I don't think the pump is good, can't remember.

Yep, got Dave's windshield, ended up being $45 glass and frame, and $15 :roll: For the wiper motor I forgot to take off. I think that was still a smokin' deal for around us.

Wade, I can see what I can do next time I am up. Will said he'd be willing to help with the axles, so that might speed things up.

Rob L.

I'm already scrounging my couch cushions for change to get the parts I need for my seemingly 8 million projects...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only are the prices great, but if I come back with a sawzall, the guy working there said he would let me chop off the last 2 feet of bed on the rusted out wheel well LWB MJ. He said only $20 for that. $50-60 with a good tailgate.

That makes me >

Rob L.

axles, T-case, half an MJ bed, Wade's master cylinder, and whatever other assorted stuff Dave and Co. get you to retrieve for them....

Do I need to fire-up the old Ford..and hook the trailer up????

axles, T-case, half an MJ bed, Wade's master cylinder, and whatever other assorted stuff Dave and Co. get you to retrieve for them....

Do I need to fire-up the old Ford..and hook the trailer up????

I'm already aligning things for saturday will. The GF said she has a lesson at 1 PM, and gave me the green light to spend the day her birthday saturday at the yard wrenching. I am going to borrow a generator from Public works, an electric impact, grinder, and sawzall. Load it all on the ZJ's trailer and head out. Then its Game on! I plan on being there when they open at 9 AM.

Rob L.

Two things to think of...

Its Labor Day weekend...

Call the yard and make sure they are going to be open.

Also Rockford has their On the WaterFront festival this weekend. Coming in from the the south won't be bad... But coming from the east and north east like you, will be UGLY!!!!!!

EVEN MORE GOOD LUCK AT A YARD!!!

Since I have to drive by a JU everyday to work, I usually catch all of the incoming CFC cars. Today while heading out with a squad car, I spotted this: :brows:

Now usually, this yard is a rip-off, but if you can catch it before it goes in, they just guess as they haven't even seen the part yet. I went on lunch, Asked, and they said "What? Like $65." SOLD. I went out and wrenched my brains out. Its in OK shape, needs some attention from the wire wheel, and a hammer where it looks like it met a pole. But for $65, I'll take it. I plan on modifiing the mounting system anywho, inorder to have it bolt straight up to the factory plow brackets during summer. I ended up taking the factory bumper with it, since no-one was watching. ;)

While I was paying, I asked about any MJ's. They had one in a private area, so I asked to take a look.

Shortbed '91 or '92 Eliminator 2WD 5 Speed. Grey. The bed was toast, and I already have some MJ-spares, so I took the visor. $40. Same faded grey as my MJ, so that works out too. I asked about the gate, but $100 was a little steep for me. I can keep my eye on LKQ and get on for $45. But here's my loot:

The dry test fit looked good. The guard just got set on some milk crates, so thts why it looks crooked. I am chomping at the bit to start working on it once I get the room in the garage.

Which might come sooner than later, since the MJ has been declared a "Public Nuisance" By the city, and must be registered or removed from my property by Firday.

Jerks. :fs1:

Rob L.

EVEN MORE GOOD LUCK AT A YARD!!!

Which might come sooner than later, since the MJ has been declared a "Public Nuisance" By the city, and must be registered or removed from my property by Firday.

Jerks. :fs1:

Rob L.

Was that Rt. 14 Auto Parts????

Hahahahaha... looks like you won't be giving me any more crap about my Non-Compliance order.

Nice Scores Rob!

At first I thought you bought the whole MJ, then I figured out that yours was gray. ;)

Just one more reason for you to get your place out in the country somewhere. The city can't tell you what to do there. Never will I move into a city for that exact reason. :yes:

Nice Scores Rob!

At first I thought you bought the whole MJ, then I figured out that yours was gray. ;)

Just one more reason for you to get your place out in the country somewhere. The city can't tell you what to do there. Never will I move into a city for that exact reason. :yes:

Yeah. I want desperately to move to the country, but I would be fine if someone bought my 2 spare vehicles. :( Then I could pull the MJ into the middle of the garage, and start the teardown. I might just have to drop the price of the RE XJ, and Put some fire under Pat to come and pick up the Axle donor.

Sigh.

Rob L.

nice find man, and thanks again, that yj windshield frame is in awesome shape. keep an eye out for functioning side view mirrors for my mj, the one's i have now point half down and won't stay adjusted.

There has got to be 20-30 pairs at LKQ. I am planning on going back Sat morning. Maybe you could join Will and I for some axle carnage?

Rob L.

why can't the junkyards by me be that nice? there are some MJs but they are either in 5ft tall grass or have another car stacked on top of it making it impossible to get anything from it.

This is the website for the yard. It really is THE CLEANEST, most organized yard I have ever roamed. All vehicles are on improvised stands, with ample room underneath to almost sit indian style. Its all organized, and even the check out is awesome. Its a set of auto sliding doors you wheel you loot into, and they mark it with their logo, since all parts have a 30 day guarantee. All prices are set, so you know what your paying for before hand, no suprises. There is a porta-potty in the yard, they give you a wheelbarrow, a cart with convienience spare wheels, and access to these huge cherry picker cranes. Only things not allowed are liquor and torches.

http://lkqselfserve.com/FindaLocation/L ... fault.aspx

Pics of some vehicles and how they sit in this yard:

All sitting off the ground, on hard packed gravel.

My axle donor:

I higly reccommend any of these LKQ yards. Very nice.

Rob L.

nice find man, and thanks again, that yj windshield frame is in awesome shape. keep an eye out for functioning side view mirrors for my mj, the one's i have now point half down and won't stay adjusted.

There has got to be 20-30 pairs at LKQ. I am planning on going back Sat morning. Maybe you could join Will and I for some axle carnage?

Rob L.

find out the price for me if you would. where is it, rockford? thats a hike for me, but i'm off for the holiday weekend, i'll have to see what the fam is up to.

i think the sad part is i use lkq at work for all our used parts, and they deliver to my shop. their prices are great to the shop, i could probably just have them deliver this stuff for the same price we're paying, but the boss wouldn't appreciate it.

Rob L.

find out the price for me if you would. where is it, rockford? thats a hike for me, but i'm off for the holiday weekend, i'll have to see what the fam is up to.

i think the sad part is i use lkq at work for all our used parts, and they deliver to my shop. their prices are great to the shop, i could probably just have them deliver this stuff for the same price we're paying, but the boss wouldn't appreciate it.

Its on the southwest side of Rockford... and the price is right there on the website. If you come over... come around town on the bypass.. the festival will have the streets in town pretty clogged up.

But it would be $10 for a manual mirror.

Rob L.

Its on the southwest side of Rockford... and the price is right there on the website. If you come over... come around town on the bypass.. the festival will have the streets in town pretty clogged up.

how far do you think that is from say gurnee (should be a well known city).

and thanks, for 10 bux if i don't show up someone better get me some mirrors :yes:

Rob L.

and thanks, for 10 bux if i don't show up someone better get me some mirrors :yes:

From Antioch (173 all the way to Machesney Park) it takes me about an hour to an hour and 20 to get to Rockford depending on traffic. Gurnee would be a little less than that...(shoot down the Tri-state to the Jane Addams, depends pretty seriously on traffic.)

Rob L.

I'll see what I can do. Just called over there. For a COMPLETE solid axle, hub to hub its $135. So I am going to load up the gene on the trailer, and bring a sawzall and electric impact. Hopefully the ZJ will still be there. I plan on grabbing the driveshafts also.

Rob L.