My new toy store. Pics! More good finds!

Automan2164

We scored a big pile of stuff....

Rob will add pics.. if his camera didn't break when he got me in the picture.....

I am sore and tired... and I had to take a shower as soon as I got home..My wife wouldn't let me sit on anything...

sounds like me, check out my toy store thread :banana:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, parts pull was good. We actually really didn't need the generator except for taking the lugs off, cutting the rear p-brake cables, and slicing the front trackbar bolt. Will and I had the axles completely out and free within 3 hours. All the control arm bolts actually came off easily, with most just pulling out by hand! The only reason the chop saw came out on the trackbar was that the bolt was stuck in the bushing. I think that was the hardest thing, and that wasn't bad at all. Ended up with a D30 CV axle, and a Aluminum D44 with open carrier and 3.73's. Not too bad as a small upgrade for the DD. We were kings of the Yard with the generator, but another group of Jeep guys pulling a tranny had one too. Def make life a little easier.

We tried finding a hitch and a few other things, but the only good hitch we found, was sitting on the stand holding up the jeep. (Sorry Correy.) I figured I would grab the V8 ZJ sway bar also as an upgrade, so I picked that up. All said and done, with paying for core charges and calipers, I got the axles, sway bar and the calipers for $250. Axles were $67.50 each, with $15 cores. Calipers were $10, with $2 cores.

All in all, a good day, thanks again Will. Now to get to installin' ;)

Rob L.

I got a headlight for my wife's van, woodgrain dash trim and a correct dome light for my ZJ, the VIC from a Limited. Also got the tie rod, drag link and a TRE's from the V-8 ZJ.

I've already got the headlight and dome light installed. Nothing like getting projects knocked out to keep the wife happy.

And thanks Rob.. for catching my fat side.... :D

No, I am sure they were out there, but my phone was in and out all day... By the time your voicemail got through, we were in the parking lot packing up...

Sorry Dave. Hey, you wouldn't happen to know if I could just switch my cv style yoke out for the u-joint yoke on that front d30 do you?

Thanks

Rob L.

No, I am sure they were out there, but my phone was in and out all day... By the time your voicemail got through, we were in the parking lot packing up...

Sorry Dave. Hey, you wouldn't happen to know if I could just switch my cv style yoke out for the u-joint yoke on that front d30 do you?

Thanks

Rob L.

yep, you can just swap it over. ya i called ya back like 3 times then just left the message. no biggy.

and if your front axle has cv axles in it you should also swap over your u joint axles, they slide right in also. u joints are cheaper and can be replaced, cv boots leak and when the joint is shot you have to buy a whole new cv axle shaft.