major milestone in the life of my chevy

WBKrazy

I don't know why Chevy gets dogged on so bad. Not necessarly here but in the media. I have two tahoes that are starting to get up there in years and they take quite a bit of abuse and are doing very well. I guess if it is not a toyota, it is not trendy enough.

maybe its the ball joints, idler arms, pitman arms, intake leaks, and fuel pumps that are on time clocks that are guaranteed to fail :rotf: chevy's help keep me busy :yes:

but honestly next to jeep they are good vehicles for the most part, i hate working on ford.

my 93 z71 has 228,000 on it now and still sports the factory riveted in ball joints. The only parts ive replaced were 1 front wheel bearing and 1 pitman arm. Ive owned the truck 10 years and shes been a good one. Its going under the knife this winter for a little cosmetic surgery. Hopefully ....lol

I was a Chevy man well into my 30's (closet Jeep lover). Always had a CJ but drove Chevys daily. The best thing I ever did was sell all of them. Now ALL my rigs are Jeep. (not Chryslers with a Jeep name plate).

They do make a good product, I just got tired of the salesmen .... the parts guys who couldnt identify a part even when it was sitting in front of them. The last straw was when I was looking for a Borg/Warner (3 finger) clutch & the guy ..... kid..... behind the counter looked at me as if I were from mars...... telling me it didnt exist..... how many years did they use that clutch???.... 20...... maybe 30 years?

I sold my Z71 & started driving my J20. A couple years later I gave away my Camaro.

ALL Jeeps in my garage now.

In all honesty though, I dread going after parts for my 20 at the dealer cause most those kids don't even know what a J20 is......

(I showed them didnt I.... :shake:

In all honesty though, I dread going after parts for my 20 at the dealer cause most those kids don't even know what a J20 is......

Do they even know what a Comanche is? :rotf:

Most kids, well I am 23, so most YOUNGER kids who come over to my place looking at jeeps or stuff for sale always have to ask about the MJ sitting in the driveway.

Rob L.

Do they even know what a Comanche is? :rotf:

I didnt know Jeep made a pick-up. :shake:

A lot of my friends didn't believe me when I told them that Jeep made a truck or a Comanche for that matter, they thought I had fabbed my MJ up out of a cherokee and a Dakota, and that I must be an amazing fabricator. :rotf:

The first day I drove mine to work, my boss practically ran to my cube, and starting going on and on about it. I didn't think he'd never seen one, but I never dreamed he would remember them so vividly and know so much about them. It's nice to work around people that dig cars and other cool vehicles. 8)

maybe its the ball joints, idler arms, pitman arms, intake leaks, and fuel pumps that are on time clocks that are guaranteed to fail :rotf: chevy's help keep me busy :yes:

but honestly next to jeep they are good vehicles for the most part, i hate working on ford.

:clapping: :clapping:

i did an S10 4.3 intake last week and a z71 5.7 intake this week,

i'll add onto your list some 5.3 common failures.

the a/c drive-belt that everyone misses when they do a serp.belt? :nuts:

and waterpumps.

oh! and how about monte-carlo and malibu gauge clusters.

AND don't forget anything that sports the word cadillac.

:clapping: :clapping:

i did an S10 4.3 intake last week and a z71 5.7 intake this week,

i'll add onto your list some 5.3 common failures.

the a/c drive-belt that everyone misses when they do a serp.belt? :nuts:

and waterpumps.

oh! and how about monte-carlo and malibu gauge clusters.

AND don't forget anything that sports the word cadillac.

ya: "my belt squeaks but it just got replaced" :dunno:

don't even start on malibuboos.