bigd44889

ok here is my problum

i got a 93 s10 blazer with 4.3 4X4 auto not to bad of shape no title

so what do i do

the 2.5 in the mj is messed up the hole bottom end is rattling

so do i sell the blazer part it out or try to put the 4.3 in the mj

i don't have much money to work with

so what do i do :hmm:

Sell the blazer, take the money to get a new 2.5L, or upgrade to a 4.0L. You are going to run into all sorts of problems trying to make the 4.3L work, and the 2.5 and 4.0 are supposed to be under there. I say find a jeep mill, and throw it in.

Rob L.

I say swap it in! :D But then I have a sucker for tough projects.

But before you do, go look at the advanceadapters.com or novak engineering websites. They'll have what you need to do it right, and it might not be cheap. :(

ok lets try putting it this way i think i'm going to pull dash and bed

pull all wiring complete harnessfrom both all sensors relays everything from headlights

to tail lights

motor trans and t cace from both put all chevy parts in mj

have to do custom exhaust

and drive shatfs i run machanical guages allready

oh swap steering coulum also

and figure out spedo

and ya i know :fool:

The 4.3L Vortec V6 is no picnic to work on - even for the simplest of things like spark plugs. I'm not sure if the engine bay of an MJ/XJ would help or hurt its ease of access.

yeah, i'm not saying its a bad piece because they make some good power, and don't seem to be as prone to leaks as the FWD 3500s and stuff are but it's not much fun.

The 4.3L Vortec V6 is no picnic to work on - even for the simplest of things like spark plugs. I'm not sure if the engine bay of an MJ/XJ would help or hurt its ease of access.

yeah, i'm not saying its a bad piece because they make some good power, and don't seem to be as prone to leaks as the FWD 3500s and stuff are but it's not much fun.

BY no means am I saying it's a shoddy engine, either. I've got a '98 Blazer that I've been daily driving for the last 10K miles and I've been extremely pleased with the performance of the engine. Has plenty of power and can still pull off 23-24 MPG on the highway if you drive it right. I was contemplating getting a 4.3L V6 for one of my MJ projects, but I wasn't ready to tackle such a project.