so there's that :

shawn

right, I don't know what to make of that.

Regardless, unless this comanche landed on the moon, it ain't worth 5k.

So are you saying it would be worth $5k if it landed on the moon? I don't see it. :rotf:

Yup, that's a shortbed. I do believe if you search hard enough, you'll find some posts about that particular truck on here or on the yahoo-group site.

Not worth searching for. :D Wonder why AMC didn't market the SWB models in 86 then?

Yup, that's a shortbed. I do believe if you search hard enough, you'll find some posts about that particular truck on here or on the yahoo-group site.

And those searches would show?

Probably not much more than you see in the ad, but my memory isn't the greatest. :dunno:

I'd say his own ad is contradictory. That is a SWB. He claims that:

They released them gradually, testing them on Baja circuits and the like... finding the week points and making them stronger... until they rolled out number 30, the way the public would see them the following year.

And 86 debuted LWBs only. Oops.

I don't remember ever seeing any confirming papers. :dunno:

A VIN would clear it up pretty fast. But I guarantee that if it came down to that, it'll probably have an 86 VIN on a later body and he'll claim "They registered it as an 86 even though it really was an 85, it's for the DMV's sake". Or it'll have an 85 XJ VIN and he'll say "They weren't officially producing comanches at that point, so they registered them as cherokees".

I don't remember ever seeing any confirming papers. :dunno:

A VIN would clear it up pretty fast. But I guarantee that if it came down to that, it'll probably have an 86 VIN on a later body and he'll claim "They registered it as an 86 even though it really was an 85, it's for the DMV's sake". Or it'll have an 85 XJ VIN and he'll say "They weren't officially producing comanches at that point, so they registered them as cherokees".

Dirty.........I'll agree with ya on that one :yes:

Can you spell.........."Uni-body swap" :hmm: