Introduce yourself and your comanche

BPB

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, my name is seth. I have a 89' manche. It started life as a 2wd but now currently sits on 6" of lift and 33" tires. Ive done a full 2000 cherokee swap engine, tranny, t-case, dash, fenders, grill, doors, bla bla bla. Also put in a dana 44 rear with elocker and 4.56 gears, up front is a dana 30 with a trutrac locker. I will post some pics when I have a chance.

• 1 month later...

I can't believe I haven't introduced myself here earlier...

I live in Shelton, and I have an 88 MJ short bed, 4.0L factory 4x4.

I have lots of plans for her, but little time to play, I started a build thread, but haven't done any mods since to update.

Paule

2429224560069453372ODeutL_th.jpg

Since these mini-forums are mostly for planning wheeling trips and meet-n-greets, anyone is free to check in and post on whichever forum they like. :thumbsup:

how do i go about planning a ride...i have tons of available property around me (not mine but legal to ride in) that i did not explore yet......a ride would be cool.

• 4 months later...

I am from the Vancouver/Camas area, I have been away for three years in VA, but my MJ is a PNW native. I actually purchased it from a member on here last year.

It is a 1991 longbed, 4.0 HO, 5 speed, about 3" of lift, 31" AT's, Rear 8.8, front D30, both with 3.73's.

Here is a link to my MJ's build thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2762

I will be updating as I make changes.

• 2 months later...

Hey I'm Trask I'm almost 20 and i own two 88' Comanches... one is 4wd the other is only 2wd... the 4wd i just swapped out axles from a 92' Cherokee with the banjo 30 and 35... i also swapped out ax15s and np231s due to wear... both have 40 series flowys on it wit dual pipes... the 4wd is black and ktm orange cuz its my dream bike... i have a locker for the front of it but its not installed yet i need to save for a new radiator.. both have 4.0s...

• 3 months later...

Hey every one my name is Paul

I live in newberg oregone and run the local car audio shop.

I do not yet have a mj but amd looking to trade a guy my yj project for his 92 mj.

I have had 6 or so xj's and Now own 2 yj's and a 1987 burban , 1986 AE86.

My 1992 yj is stock with the 2.5 and my 1989 yj has A v8 swap turbo 350 and a np203

Its only lifted 2" as of now but if this trade does not pull threw I would like to go a total of 4"

and full size running gear.

I really like low and wide. LOL

So if any one needs and wireing help or audio gear let me know.

Paul

Oh and if any one else has a mj And wants a yj with a v8 give me a shout. :shake:

I do not yet have a mj but amd looking to trade a guy my yj project for his 92 mj.

My 1992 yj is stock with the 2.5 and my 1989 yj has A v8 swap turbo 350 and a np203

Its only lifted 2" as of now but if this trade does not pull threw I would like to go a total of 4"

Paul

Oh and if any one else has a mj And wants a yj with a v8 give me a shout. :shake:

Welcome to Comanche Club. You ever been on NAXJA? We've got a pretty active group in the PDX area.

Paul

I grew-up in Scholls, just over the hill from you. :cheers:

Paul

Welcome to Comanche Club. You ever been on NAXJA? We've got a pretty active group in the PDX area.

no i don't think ive ever been there but i will be now lol

• 2 months later...

Hello there,

I'm Jason and I live in Olympia Wa. I own a 88 comanche pickup, my second comanche. You can see my build thread at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28321 edit....new build.... http://comancheclub.com/topic/27668-h3resqs-dream-mj-the-build-continues/

I have lots of plans for this little truck.

I have been a hairstylist here in Oly for the last 15 years. Was married, but now divorced. I also have been a avid BMX rider since my racing days as a kid. Eventually mostly just dirt jumping the last few years. I also snowboard and golf a bit.
I've been wheeling for well over 10 years and have hit most trails from Wa to northern Oregon over the last few years. I have also wheeled Moab and the Rubicon. My first wheeler was a sidekick on yota axles, built for hard core wheeling and tough truck comps. Second was a luxury/comfort build to appease the wife. A WJ Grand with all the goodies. Now I am about to build this comanche into my next wheeler/driver.
I'm looking forward to catching up with some other MJ enthusiests. Hope to see some of you out on the trail or mallcrawlin around town.

Cheers, Jason.

Thanks guys. I'm on Naxja. I'll check out the Cascade 4x4.. I don't think I'll have the comanche ready for any trips till Aug or so. Plan to have it ready by Moab trip in late Aug, so till then I doubt I'll wheel it till I feel its ready with axles, t-case and body armor.

Cheers, Jason.

• 2 weeks later...

Name is Mike from Salem Oregon and I just acquired a 1986 Comanche LWB, all original and running good. This is my first M/XJ series jeep having owned several Willys CJs, a DJ, and a full sized Cherokee. I am thinking of keeping it mostly stock but I do love an adventure now and then. DSCF4490.JPG

• 4 months later...

well i have been on here for a while so i might as well introduce myself. I'm cody, i have an 88 mj that i started to swap everything from my 96 xj into, then a 97 grand cherokee i got for a beater but never take it out, and just recently bought a 87 mj with a 2000 drivetrain and dash along with some other goodies. kinda losing interest in swapping the other mj now lol

• 2 weeks later...
well i have been on here for a while so i might as well introduce myself. I'm cody, i have an 88 mj that i started to swap everything from my 96 xj into, then a 97 grand cherokee i got for a beater but never take it out, and just recently bought a 87 mj with a 2000 drivetrain and dash along with some other goodies. kinda losing interest in swapping the other mj now lol

You forgot something.............

Your an a$$hole!! ;)

(yes I know him)