Time to start the next step with my Jeep..thanks to a HHR

Well, my luck caught up to me saturday morning around 530ish. Coming through a intersection in Mooresville and an HHR decided that she wanted to introduce my Jeep to a light pole. Basicly I went to the left to avoid her, she didn't even flinch, hit me in the right rear corner, turned me around and a nice solid light pole decided that I had went far enough and stopped me in my tracks. Tiff and me are ok, just sore and pissed off. Damage report.....bed is done....both axles are bent....not sure if the axle housing is bent or not but I wouldn't doubt it. I've got a Ford 8.8 with 3:73LS/31 spline axles/disk brakes at a friend of mines in S.C. and I'm on the hunt for a long bed and have a few leads on a bed. The good news from it all is both flares are ok, both taillights are ok and there appears to be no frame damage. The only thing I didn't get a pic of is the inner bed on the drivers side, it's bent and pushed in like 3-4 inches. Anyways....here's the pics.

l_c4f1c3742f7f43b6b9a0ebeb7fd8173f.jpg

l_3dc300b91cb9464291f20be8da732773.jpg

l_c10f021d784e4332ab96d7d8521589a6.jpg

And the damage to the axles, if you can tell in the pics...

Pass. side

l_648c235619d0485f88e231144c1e3aeb.jpg

Drivers side

l_6c093cbb08664ba9abf696ca94dd3935.jpg

-Cody

Is it just me or is there some organization out there with the sole purpose of destroying the beds on our trucks? I've been lucky, but had a few close calls last year.

Seems like every week there's a new post of someone getting hit in the bed.

Glad you're ok though. :cheers: I hope she has to pay for every cent of you getting a new bed and axle.

Is it just me or is there some organization out there with the sole purpose of destroying the beds on our trucks? I've been lucky, but had a few close calls last year.

Seems like every week there's a new post of someone getting hit in the bed.

Glad you're ok though. :cheers: I hope she has to pay for every cent of you getting a new bed and axle.

My thoughts exactly.

Funny thing is that some people still wonder why I have such a beefy rear bumper on my truck. I hope to be adding even more armor to it soon!

Well it's not looking the greatest about it being her fault, but I'm talkin with some freinds in law enforcement and things are lookin better. As far as I'm concerned as long as I'm not in any trouble I don't care if she pays for mine or not.....I just want my truck back.

Shelby....let me see how bad it's gonna be to put a 8.8 in it and if it's gonna be a pita then I'll get up with you about drivin down there, it's about 5-5.5hrs from me to you...give or take alittle.

-Cody

Well it's not looking the greatest about it being her fault, but I'm talkin with some freinds in law enforcement and things are lookin better. As far as I'm concerned as long as I'm not in any trouble I don't care if she pays for mine or not.....I just want my truck back.

Shelby....let me see how bad it's gonna be to put a 8.8 in it and if it's gonna be a pita then I'll get up with you about drivin down there, it's about 5-5.5hrs from me to you...give or take alittle.

-Cody

No worries Cody. I can drag it part of the way too if needed.

-Cody

Thanks man, I'm tryin to figure out for sure what I'm gonna be upagainst with the 8.8 and I'll let you know asap. I need to figure out what gears are in my truck now so I can figure out if the 3:73's will be a big difference or not.

-Cody

-Cody

Thanks man, I'm tryin to figure out for sure what I'm gonna be upagainst with the 8.8 and I'll let you know asap. I need to figure out what gears are in my truck now so I can figure out if the 3:73's will be a big difference or not.

-Cody

whether they are or aren't a big difference, if the gears are not within a few points of being identical, you won't be able to use 4wd. end of story.

too bad anout that but what happens happens..........................any plans for a new bed?

Well I'm thinkin about just replaceing it later, just pull out anything that might cause any issues or rubbing.

I got back from GA thismorning, me and Tiff ended up deciding not to stay the night.....well it was more like we were gonna go part way back then stop but we stopped to get gas....got coffee and then we ended up in Mooresville around about 130ish this morning. And Bo thanks a million times over again.

We got the Jeep over to my moms place, empty two car garage with a compressor vs. gravel drive on a hill....yeah I went over there around 10 thismorning, the old rear is sittin on the ground and the new one is ready to go in. Had to go get some new u-bolts. It amazed me b/c I didn't break anthing till the last u-bolt nut....but they were trashed anyway so I figured it wouldn't hurt anyways. But it'll go in tonight or tomorrow, and hopefully I can get a set of lift shackles built this weekend b/c I think the springs and spacers are goin in with the rear end...I can't stand to look a spare parts just sit around and not get used.

But yeah, I figured I'd give yall a little up date on how it's commin along, and btw from what I was told the other day there most likly gonna rule it 50/50 at fault so it would mean I pay for mine and she pays for hers, and I have no problems with that.

-Cody