A Becoming Common Problem

It's difficult to enforce black and white justice when the rules have a certain measure of ambiguity.

I've seen what can happen at other sites when the ban-hammer is used. I'm not about to pick that kind of fight. It is my continuing belief (blind hope?) that all of our members can regulate their own words as they type. It's not like talking, where the words form in your head right before you spit them out. In a forum we all have the ability and the responsibility to proofread (and maybe use spellcheck :idea: ).

And edit the post... I know I've went a lil over board before to one post wonders selling off there rare, one of a kind, restored, high mileage, no rusty, one owner, only old man driven, better then what came off the show room, gem, completely oem, fresh paint, no bondo, tranny shifts like new, clean inside and out, been parked for the last 10 years, in a garage, under cover, never been in the rain, never been offroad, oil changed ever 1000 miles, no scratches, best truck you have ever saw, laid eyes on, or upon, fresh rebuild, lo miles, complete rebuild, clean title, dealer item only, many new parts, new this, new that, as seen on TV, famous, act now and I’ll throw in the Vegematic 2000, you just pay shipping and handling, cash only, one time only offer, must sell now, no reasonable offer refused, no tire kickers, no test drives..................................................................

I could keep going......

I'm sorry, but where is the spellcheck button?

Spelling is automatically and continuously checked in Firefox. :D (I sometimes have to tell it where new text boxes are, but it's very good at remembering after that)

I'm sorry, but where is the spellcheck button?

Spelling is automatically and continuously checked in Firefox. :D (I sometimes have to tell it where new text boxes are, but it's very good at remembering after that)

So there's no way to do it with IE?

http://www.iespell.com/ just install, then r-click in text and click spell check

We're getting a little off-topic here, but IE is a TERRIBLE browser for security 'flaws' (when a dam breaks it's not exactly considered a leak anymore) and everybody would be better off not using it. Firefox is free. I made the switch (from opera) and I will endorse it. I've been living clean and IE free for 6 years now.

Oh, yeah, and a few temp bannings to drive a point home wouldn't be a bad idea. As needed. This is one of the better sites for being 'clean' and I'd rather it stayed that way. A little poking here and there is okay. But if I want to be in the Trailer Park of Pirate4x4, well, that's why I bought a red star over there.

PS, this might be my first post in this sub-forum; I never bother to look in here.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...