2 Day Restoration

Darren

My father gave me the first toolbox he bought for work in 1980. I decided to bring it back to its illustrious 1980 shine. Sorry I don't have a before picture. But just imagine it had survived the Holocaust, it was bad. I took it apart cleaned it all, sanded, painted, and greased the sliders. Good as new. The grey box is one I got for Christmas. Ben helped a little too.

I'm so proud of myself. :chillin:

Cool!

Overspray on the wheel trunnions though? You really suck!!! you should have just payed Ben to paint that. It looks like it went through the holocaust. If I painted something and it looked like that I would kill my self!!!!

:agree: I see streaks on the side that doesn't have the cabinet. Maybe another coat or two.

Who gives a $#!+ about your old man's tool box anyway? That's the first Earl Scheib job I've seen done to a toolbox. It sucks. :yes:

Oh, and I suggest you never consider rattle-canning your truck. If it comes out anything like that crappy toolbox job, it'll look like a subway train from the Bronx.

Who gives a $#!+ about your old man's tool box anyway? That's the first Earl Scheib job I've seen done to a toolbox. It sucks. :yes:

Oh, and I suggest you never consider rattle-canning your truck. If it comes out anything like that crappy toolbox job, it'll look like a subway train from the Bronx.

Dude, are you being deliberately disrespectful, or what…? :no:

Dude, are you being deliberately disrespectful, or what…? :no:

LOL, no not at all. goblazers and I take very sarcastic and personal jabs at each other a lot, with an understanding it's all for fun with no serious intent at all, except for when i point out he is ghey. Now loosen up the tension on your self-imposed wedgie and relax! Get it? :brows:

that's very cool! i have a tool chest from my grandpa that is very early sears craftsman. i display it on a cool little display with an old tire and air hose outside my garage. i've thought about redoing it, but i just can't get myself to change it from the way he left it. i've also got some of his tools including a very old craftsman circular saw that still works. all his tools are in mint condition because he felt you spend money on it once and make it last forever. i really don't use them, they're more of a keepsake. every now and then i use something just in case old grandpa is watching from up there. he'd kick my but if i were just letting them sit! :rotf: