Sloooooooooow Ebay

HOrnbrod

WTF is up with Ebay? Since they converted to the "new" Ebay Motors, it has slowed to a crawl. I've done the usual things; getting rid of cookies and temp internet files, clearing the cache, increasing the size of the page file, etc. Nothing had helped. This is the only site that's slow loading on my computer. Anyone know of a cure? It sucks bad..............

So you're saying they took a 4.0 out and put in a 2.8?

I stay away from eBay as best I can... gets me in trouble.

More like they pulled the 4.0 then said the hell with any engine. It's freekin' terrible.

I thought it was just me, but yeah it's way slow. It used to let you opt out of the new set up but now it doesn't. I'm always deleting cookies so I'm screwed with the new crap. I think what is slowing it down the most is their new ad banner stuff. If you watch at the bottom as it's loading, it gets hung up on the ad server. Because of this crap, my ebay surfing is down by 80% at least.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :no:

Or is that if it ain't broke, screw with it till it is. :thumbsup:

:cheers:

I use IE 8. Have no trouble with eBay. I tried Firefox a while back, but it was huge PITA...I much prefer IE8.

I'm still using IE6 - that's probably why I'm having problems.

I used IE7 for quite a while, but it was rather quirky. I have been real happy with IE8 so far...5 weeks now since I downloaded it on both my PC and laptop, and not one browser crash yet :eek: :thumbsup:

I'd go with the "newer" 3

And yes, you can import all your bookmarks over to Firefox. If I remember right, it asks you as your setting it up.

Just make sure you have the seat belt fasten on your chair when you fire up that Firefox.

:D

Just installed Firefox 2.0.0.20. Man, what an improvement! Everything is flying now, including the NEW Ebay. Many thanks for steering me back home. Funny, I always used Netscape for my default browser many years ago but somehow got away from it, I think because somewhere I worked the Windows browser was the only one we could use. It uses about 20Mb of disk space, not bad at all. Love the built-in spell-wrong indicator too. Thanks guys! jamminz.gif

Like I said.............

Just make sure you have the seat belt fasten on your chair when you fire up that Firefox.

Oh........and you might want to add wheel chocks for your chair :rotfl2:

So......welcome to the real fast web browsing :banana:

And just think, couple years ago, e-bay didn't support Mozilla/Netscape, and now it seams there is no problem with it :hmm:

Dayem, Firefox is a memory hog though. Just running in the background w. a single window open (this one) sucks up almost 100K of memory, compared to IE which uses only about 12K-13K. There must be a tweak for this, no?

My Firefox browser has been open for 17 days, currently 4 tabs, sometimes as many as 20 and it has 149MB resident memory, most of it data. But I don't believe IE will only use 12K. 12M maybe?

Part of the speed might be a large memory cache, which would explain the high consumption.

My Firefox browser has been open for 17 days, currently 4 tabs, sometimes as many as 20 and it has 149MB resident memory, most of it data. But I don't believe IE will only use 12K. 12M maybe?

Part of the speed might be a large memory cache, which would explain the high consumption.

I open Task Manager w. a window running in both IE6 and Firefox 2. Memory usage IS as stated.