Jeep vs Mattress (Mattress wins)

jeepcoma

Found this on another forum. Reminds me when I ran over a string of Christmas lights with the snow blower.

What happens when a Jeep drives over a mattress? An Escher-like hellscape of cord and wires that didn't stop the Jeep for 30 miles and only when the wires finally punctured the fuel tank.

The following stunning display of driver ignorance is making the rounds in a number of fan-boy forums across the internet: a Jeep owner mowed over a mattress and decided to press forward. Only after his vehicle stalled due to lack of fuel after 30 miles did he decide to contact the dealer and see what the matter might be. What unfolds can only be described as an Escher-like hellscape.

The amalgamation of cord and wires that used to be a mattress wound itself around the driveshaft and rear axle, creating a deadly whip that gashed it's way through the gas tank. The draining of his precious fuel, not the terrible shaking, is what ultimately brought the owner into the dealer. We would've loved to be part of the laugh-fest that surely took place at said dealer after this mess rolled in. The text of the email is located below for your enjoyment.

That is crazy... :nuts:

I saw it on another web site a couple months ago and I still can not figure out how someone could keep driving with it like that and not even look underneath to see what was happening. :shake:

wowowowow :eek: really. even if you put a dent in your drive shaft it wables like a sun of a gun how do you not notice 40 lbs of weight really come onnnnnnn :dunno:

the guy must have been like "oooo thats is what the noise was" :doh: :hmm: ah ha ah ha then when he got home :wall: :rotf: :wall: :rotf: :wall: :rotf: :wall: :rotf: :wall: :rotf: :wall: :rotf: :wall: :rotf: :wall: :rotf: :wall: :rotf: :wall: :help:

Anybody notice that the undercarriage is NOT a Jeep, more like a Dodge truck....look at the axle Ubolts. Dodge mounts the springs like that, and look at the styling of the steel wheels. And the gas tank is a sidemount, etc., etc..... Everytime that I see this, the story is different. I do love how the idiot managed to wipe out the pinion seal while they were at it, too. nutkick.gif