my next MJ project, this time a street truck

I believe that the color's you pick are solley up to you, but the style in wich they are layed out in is what makes or breaks the truck (i.e. 2 tone, racing stripes flames, graphics ect...) just keep in mind what you said about making it look faster then it is.

The more I readthis thread the more adapt to the thought of a street rod MJ i get.... :popcorn:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

white does hit small dings easily BUT it stains just as easy. i hate white cars. any light color will hide dings/dents. i wouldnt cut springs, ill go dig out some ranger coils and set them beside my stock mj springs and take a pic for comparisoin if ya want.

I believe that the color's you pick are solley up to you, but the style in wich they are layed out in is what makes or breaks the truck (i.e. 2 tone, racing stripes flames, graphics ect...) just keep in mind what you said about making it look faster then it is.

The more I readthis thread the more adapt to the thought of a street rod MJ i get.... :popcorn:

I'm warming to the idea too... i might even regret the whole thing in a couple months, but I won't be doing anything irreversible or all that expensive, so whatever...

and don't worry, the paint won't be showy; maybe racing stripes if they were subtle, definitely not flames, decent chance of a simple 2 tone... ultimately the decision is mine, but I'm entertaining ideas until I make the decision.

I'm leaning towards 2 tone with the lower half being black and the upper being either dark gray or blue...

I actually chopped this picture of my other MJ a couple years ago:

p1010026eq9.jpg

What actually looks badass and can be done with a rattle can...

The the whole truck flat black first, or perhaps semi-gloss to avoid the 'grey' look. Depending on the paint.

Mask off strips, flames, whatever floats your boat, and spray them with high gloss black.

It creates a really neat ghost pattern effect with very little fuss.

The the whole truck flat black first, or perhaps semi-gloss to avoid the 'grey' look. Depending on the paint.

Mask off strips, flames, whatever floats your boat, and spray them with high gloss black.

Thanks for that tip, I'm so doing that when it comes time to rattle can my MJ.

Thinking something like the original hockey stick pioneer stripes as the ghost black :) My homage to AMC.

brett i would have to say i LOVE your black comanche ive modeled mine after yours..iam swamped2a on naxja...

iam also into small scale rc trucks and modeled my little toyota truck after yours since they don't make comanche models...

Image Not Found

but i to was thinking of having a 2nd manche for the road but i don't think id ever consider lowering it i would just lift it like 3inches and have mt's or something

but iam sure whatever you do with this build will be cool...and the color on that first lowered manche is cool what is it?

brett i would have to say i LOVE your black comanche ive modeled mine after yours..iam swamped2a on naxja...

iam also into small scale rc trucks and modeled my little toyota truck after yours since they don't make comanche models...

Image Not Found

but i to was thinking of having a 2nd manche for the road but i don't think id ever consider lowering it i would just lift it like 3inches and have mt's or something

but iam sure whatever you do with this build will be cool...and the color on that first lowered manche is cool what is it?

wow! it's my baby circa spring '05!

p1050865ue3.jpg

I certainly considered lifting it a couple inches but there is no go-fast desert type terrain in the area... so it will be a DD and street truck, therefore it might as well be optimized for handling, gas mileage, etc.... and I can't stand to have it stock height, so it's gotta go down

Thinking something like the original hockey stick pioneer stripes as the ghost black :) My homage to AMC.

that black on black idea gives me goosebumps! not flashy from a distance but a good eye popper up close.

that gives me ideas but with white. Although my first plan is to do the sportruck stripes on mine in some kind of bedliner.

that black on black idea gives me goosebumps! not flashy from a distance but a good eye popper up close.

that gives me ideas but with white. Although my first plan is to do the sportruck stripes on mine in some kind of bedliner.

so everyone WANTS the origional striping, now who knows where to buy it? i definately want the sportruck emblems back on if i paint it.

you find it let me know. My other option was to go and get it cut by the local vinyl guy, but he can't do the stripes that long on his machine. I guess reproducing comanche striping is something that's not an "in demand" thing.

so everyone WANTS the origional striping, now who knows where to buy it? i definately want the sportruck emblems back on if i paint it.

I've had a girl at a local vinyl shop recreate the Sportruck stripe, she said make the stripe and appy it for around 150.00

I've had a girl at a local vinyl shop recreate the Sportruck stripe, she said make the stripe and appy it for around 150.00

logged in finally

logged in finally

well damn. i need to get that done!

where in GA is her shop?

I've been thinking about the lowering thing, and since you (BrettM) are a fab master, what do you think about moving the leaf springs outboard and do a fullsize Chevy shackle on em. It'll drop you inches just reversing the shackles, and if you want to be lower, you can use longer shackles. As well, you'll have increases stability on the road!

bad idea. first of all, you would likely need a full-width rear axle to outboard the springs that much. second, you would get too much drop unless you did a drop hangar. third, it is simply much easier to build a flatter spring pack.

bad idea. first of all, you would likely need a full-width rear axle to outboard the springs that much. second, you would get too much drop unless you did a drop hangar. third, it is simply much easier to build a flatter spring pack.

p1050865ue3.jpg

Didn't know if simple or easy was on the menu. My apoligies.

Pete, I thought you bought a white MJ at some point that for some reason I remember being all racey. I dunno.

It was just a regular ol' 2wd MJ that was painted all white (with housepaint no less). It's currently in the final stages of the 4wd conversion by it's new owner.

Pete, I thought you bought a white MJ at some point that for some reason I remember being all racey. I dunno.

It was just a regular ol' 2wd MJ that was painted all white (with housepaint no less). It's currently in the final stages of the 4wd conversion by it's new owner.

Was it ALL white? I was thinking of it being kinda ridiculous.