Relocating the Heater/AC Control???

Where would you put it? The dash is pretty small. :hmm:
He suggested the spot in the front of the floor console, but there is not enough room there. I can't really imagine a way to do it myself, but with some creativity and probably a good bit of work, you may find a way.

The best place that I can think of would be were the the ash tray is located. Should fit after cutting the dash to make it fit.

I was looking at a Dodge Dakota and they have a real small AC control. Also vac operated.. Might get one of those and make it fit better.. Years 91-96 I think. The Dakota also uses a AC push button switch which I wish the Jeeps did.. I hate having the AC turn on when you switch to defrost.

I have seen the remove the lower vents and drop the heater controls down. A local shop did it for a guy for a double din touch screen I'll see if they will email me some pics. but the cut the vents out for clearance then fabbed a block off plate. It seemed straight forward enough. I am ripping that vent out in the next week or so ill take some pics to show whats all back there.

Cheers, Jesse

" I hate having the AC turn on when you switch to defrost...."

I noticed that too, and my guess is that the design folks intended to

dehumidify as part of defrosting. Since RH goes down as temp goes

up anyways, I don't think AC is needed for defrost, and I don't like

running the compressor any more than I have to. Next time I'm

inside there, I'm going to see if there's some obvious and reversible

way to change controls so that AC is not switched on in the defrost

setting. Anyone done this before?

The A/C system drys the air, and drier air defrosts the glass faster. :thumbsup:

Yeah I know, but it should be our choice to let it do that.. All my Honda's have the switch and I only use it when its really humid out. Most the time in the cold morning it only needs warm air.

My 91 Geo Prizm (rebadged Toyota Corolla) gave me the selection of using AC with the defrost or not. But other vehicles with AC in my past (81 Caprice, 84 Caprice, 84 Olds 98, 84 Chevy 20 conversion van, 94 Suburban) all turned the AC on with the defrost setting with no option to turn it off. But by looking back at the list, they are all GM.