Thank God for IH!!!!!!!!!!!

JeepcoMJ

International to the rescue?

anyone read this? the deal is being finalized...International swoops in for the save. They are buying Jeep from Chrysler, chrysler is trying to dump dodge and join GMC and become General Chrysler Motors. dumping dodge is a makes sense IMHO since Dodge no longer has the cummins contract, and there is NO WAY that their 2010 Hemi Diesel is going to pick up all that well with zero performance issues...I think this is the end of Dodge. I like dodge :(

International stated already that the Jeep Compass, Patriot, and Commander for the 2010 model year :banana: jamminz.gif :cheers: :bowdown: :D :brows: 8) :yes: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: and begin building the Grand Cherokee AND Liberty with the 3 liter diesel though they are looking for a bigger motor.

They will be producing Rubicon editions of ALL production models. This includes the JK wrangler (obviously), the Grand Cherokee, and the Liberty.

another GREAT thing is that they've sent the IFS setup which was supposed to debut on the JK wrangler in 2013 back to the drawing board...indefinitely :drool: :banana: :clapping: :yes:

They plan also on discontinuing the Liberty name and calling it the Cherokee again (though hopefully they increase the performance and switch to solid axles)

this is a dream come true. now we just need a new jeep truck

Image Not Found

this is the April edition of the magazine however...lol so we will see

Well that's interesting news.... so there will be JEEP scouts and carryalls and travelalls ? :huh???: I doubt it . Sounds like Ih just bought their way back into passenger cars .It will be interesting to see what happens , I'm just glad they aren't going to GM . I wonder where you will buy a IH passenger car?

I never did understand the whole " liberty " name plate. like ford w the 500 /taurus nonsence. why would you discontinue a model name that was the renaissance of your brand. at least ford figured it out pretty quick.

Look how that "offroaders.com" linked to the international and Chrysler news pages. you think somebody's that big of a Fish? or tring to expand on the joke? Either way , it's sad

Yea...everyone is being sucked in to a very big joke. This is one of many reasons that I do not like JP magazine and will never spend another dime ontheir rag.

I looked at all 5 links on the offroaders.com site and not one of them even remotely mentions anything about this on the Chrysler or the IH links.

If you Google search it...the only place it is found is on this type of site. It's not even on Snopes... :thumbsup: . If something like this were in the works, some small-time rag like JP would not be the one to announce it either :rotf:

Yeah, I know. Now can you take these needlenose and reach down in there and get that hook loose?

Lol. Jake, that article probably would have sucked me in too if I had not read jeepdoggydog's post first. :D Wish it were true.........

i heard a couple of weeks ago chrysler was in talks with renault/nissan over the sale of jeep. but then again you can never know for sure. and in my opinon they no longer make "jeep", they now make the chrysler patiot, commander, librety. but on that note i really like the pre 08 libretys.

There have been talks between Cerebus and GM, Ford, Nissan, Renault and who knows who else. They are not going to sell off one name, Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge are staying together...FIAT is actually taking a 35% share in the Chrysler Corp. with intentions of taking more in the future.

Should have known it was the April issue. Remember the SRT wrangler last year? Man these guys SUCK. You can count on April JP being fiction through out the issue. check out http://www.offroaders.com/news/International-Jeep.htm There will be alot more grown men getting their hopes up then destroyed...

Wow! :eek: It's just a joke. Do you really believe everything you are told or read?

You do realize that this is a satirical commentary of how Jeep alienated their own very loyal customers and diluted their own brand by slapping Jeep badges on cars and minivans? Maybe all those grown men should voice their opinions to the company that destroyed their hopes instead of getting angry at some guys who share their disappointment and tried to give everybody a good laugh. :rotfl2:

Willy