88 Comanche going to 3.2L turbo diesel

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

cut 3 more inches out of the back of the bed. after fitting the engine in and out a few times, i decided to cut out the fire wall to get the engine to set back where it should be and the tranny shifter fell right in where the stock shifter would be and i startedd cutting off all the brackets for the suspension to plate the frame with 1/8 inch plate.

plateing the front frame stubs to handle the diesel

this is the load leveler i borrowed from another shop. when i borrowed it, it was broken so i fixed it and a few days later they came and took it back so i decided to make my own. ill have pics of it this weekend.

the ford nine inch found a new and better home

• 2 weeks later...

the frame plating is done. i have pics of the load leveler that i made. the engine mounts from the nissan were cut down to fit between the mj frame rails, and i made my own mounts on the truck out of 1/4 inch plate. i started my tranny mount with 1/4 inch plate where the old tranny mount bolted on and 2x2 .120 box tubing for the crossmember.

the down tube for my turbo won't fit around my newly plated frame and i didnt want to cut it so i need to make a new plate to go in place of the down tube and weld mandrel bent tubing to it clocked at the angle i need.

i had to cut the hole in the firewall just to get the engine to fit. i move the axle ahead 1 1/2 inches to clear the oil pan.

Ya I had to do the same on mine, I moved the axle about 1 inch further forward, luckily my engine then cleared the firewall with only minor modifications.

• 8 months later...