• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ford blue engine paint on my Nissan Diesel in my Jeep Comanche

NICE

i like the way you roll sir

i got a friend who just picked up the same engine for his mj .. his is from a cj10 IIRC, with a 727 with a jeep t-case pattern .. what are you gonna do about cooling ?? i can't imagine the stock rad is up to the task .. he was toying with the idea of using a vw oil/coolant heat exchanger and routing some heat back to a waste veggie oil tank, but i still don't think it's that viable .. i guess if you're gonna wheel it you can just stick the biggest jy rad you can find in the bed, but he wants to DD his

any tips i can pass along ???

i got a friend who just picked up the same engine for his mj .. his is from a cj10 IIRC, with a 727 with a jeep t-case pattern .. what are you gonna do about cooling ?? i can't imagine the stock rad is up to the task

Remember that a diesel runs cooler than a gasoline motor, that said if there is an I/C involved, those reduce the cooling efficiency of the radiator (assuming they are mounted in front or behind the rad.

A stock 4.0 radiator may possibly be up to the task, if there isnt an I/C

very impressive with all your hard works than mine in automobile shop :bowdown:

i knew it that there would be issue with diesel I/C but remember that you can put it anywhere but of course it gonna need some good air flow thru it like F1, corvette, semi trucks trailer with refrigerant, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

in order to use the factory location for the throttle pedal and be able tp weld my firewall back together i need to move the engine to the passenger side about an inch. so i pulled the engine out and set it on the floor. i needed to take the transmission out and change the main shaft anyways.