speakers behind cab

Anyone have the slow answer? I didn't find any wiring or mounts, but I have the base model so was it only offered on higher trim packages?

the wiring is tied up to the pillar wires which lead to the dome lights, and the mounts are found few and far between.

So did the base models not have speakers to begin with or did the PO take them out?

EDIT: Also, what size/watt speaker went in that spot stock?

base likely did not have it. as many have said before though, it's AMC/Jeep...there is no rule set in stone.

let's just say that, like as not, there are less jeeps which came with the rear speakers than those which do.

I don't remember the size...it is an odd size. 4x3 or some wierd thing like that. watt is whatever $#!&ty stock wattage would be....i toss all factory speakers, regardless of the vehicle or brand.

i was thinking about doing a little fiberglass work amd making a mold to make some 6x9's look factory.... :brows: I'm getting older and i don't want to have speackers sliding around back there. its all about sounding nice and looking nice too!

I found some stock speakers out of my dads f250, I guess I will wire those in tomorrow.

dude, don't cut up the B-pillar trim to fit crappy stock speakers in. find some decent ones, or go without until you can get them, or get some 4x6's and have someone from here send you mounts for them.

I'm thinking that my truck probably didn't have a sound system to begin with as all of the stuff in the front is aftermarket and high quality. But the PO was cheap and lazy and didnt want to buy/install rear speakers. I pulled the lower dash panel today and the tweeters were duct taped in place. :eek:

I don’t know if you have a bench seat… If you do, it really doesn’t matter what kind of 4”x6” speaker you use in back as the configuration of the cab and the seat muffles the sound.

I would invest more into the front speakers and add some front tweeters.

I agree. I was gonna mess with that, but decided it wasn't worth the effort; my front speakers are really plenty.

I've had several different variations of sound systems in my 88 and the best was a 4way amp powering some quality 5 1/4 + tweeter components in the doors and a small subwoofer behind the passenger seat. Fullrange speakers behind the seats never really did much (even when they were 6x9s being pushed by 75 watts rms) so I eventually dumped them. The 8 inch woofer provides good bass and the door speakers provide excellent sound reproduction.

yeah, the last guy definitely didn't install the stereo quite right. I noticed today that the passenger speaker in the door doesn't even work right now and the drivers side door speaker only works when the door is closed. The new speakers came with mounts, but IDK if they will work or not. :dunno:

I pulled the drivers side b pillar trim off and found old screw holes for the speakers and a connector. Is this the speaker connector/wires, if so, which is positive?Negative? There is a green with yellow tracer and a black with yellow tracer: