d44 Question for SOA

don't bother...buy some perches and have them welded on at the proper angle. it's cheaper, and better.

Its what i did...cost me $9 bucks for some HD perches...my SUA perches are still there too if i ever decide to go back

Ok but where did you get the perches and not just that I was thinking of the shocks. Do I have to mount a braket for them as well?

I do not weld and that was one of the reasons why I think I would just get the bolt on kit and well it would be alot eazer to find someone and paythem to do it.

While I do agree that the welding is the way to do it...the bolt on kit is tested and proven as a good alternative for those that don't have access to welding.

you couldn't pay me to trust the way that thing is mounted. period.

as far as mounts go, if you have an angle grinder with cutting wheel, you can alter your factory mounts to work with that setup.

a welder could weld everything up for cheap. i guarantee you wouldn't spend more than $100 on the whole deal, and you'd probably get someone local from the club here or another jeep club to weld it up for as little as a case of beer.

Great we were woundering about the heat on the seals and internal part.

ok next question. got some spec's and have to dubble check but I have 3.55 in on d44 and 3.07 with a limitted slip in the other d44. what would be the best to use for 31's or 32's?

Keep in mind that this jeep is going to have 3 to 4.5" of lift and will be the DD. the reason I ask is because the jeep the d44 is goin on has 3.55's now. so if I go with the limitted slip and the 3.07's I will have to swap the fron as well.

Not that big of a deal as I am going to be taking her a part to do the lift anyway. just woundering about gear to tire ratio.

don't bother...buy some perches and have them welded on at the proper angle. it's cheaper, and better.

Its what i did...cost me $9 bucks for some HD perches...my SUA perches are still there too if i ever decide to go back

Ok but where did you get the perches and not just that I was thinking of the shocks. Do I have to mount a braket for them as well?

I do not weld and that was one of the reasons why I think I would just get the bolt on kit and well it would be alot eazer to find someone and paythem to do it.

THE best deal on spring perches is your friendly, local MOPAR dealer. They are in the Mopar Performance Catalog, part number P4120074. That part number is for a PAIR, and the cost is about $15. You'll pay upwards of $40 a pair enywhere else, and they won't be as good as these.

:agree:

But 4.10 was not a given option.

Yeah well thats it. and now that the wife is prego she says to me yesterday. I think you should leave the xj alone and build your truck so I can drive the xj. I will not be able to climb up into a jeep that is taller and biger tires. ( she is not quite 5 foot) :dunno: :doh: :doh:

So now after asking and geting all this info. emailing about front end parts deciding on the what d44 to use. I am outside yesterday with her day looking the 90 MJ over to see what all it needs to be put on the road.

jeeps I know know why they came with so many different parts from the factory. even a build in 2 months at home changes 5 times. :help: