33'' Tire in Stock Spare Location - WORKS!

I am missing something? I have never heard of anyone using the stock spare location under the bed for a 33" tire? I tried it out and the fricking thing fits - well jamminz.gif . Sure it hangs down a bit, but I could get a 33" pizza cutter to stay up there permanently. I have the LWB, but has anyone else tried this?

Actually, I really wouldnt trust that factory rear tire carrier if it was anything like the one on mine. Mine came off by hitting it with a hammer a couple times. It had a serious rust issue.

But if your tire winch is in good shape and you don't mind running a pizza cutter for a spare, then go for it...

Actually, I really wouldnt trust that factory rear tire carrier if it was anything like the one on mine. Mine came off by hitting it with a hammer a couple times. It had a serious rust issue.

But if your tire winch is in good shape and you don't mind running a pizza cutter for a spare, then go for it...

yeah well assuming that rust is not an issue. did you pull yours out of the ocean?

Haha. No. The rest of my uniframe was actually pretty clean. The only issues were the bumper brackets (not structerally bad), the pads for the bed mounts (just the little metal clips on them, not the mounts themselves), and the brake line bracket, and the spare tire winch which was almost completely gone. I guess it wasn't zinc plated? It looked okay, but when I started poking it I realized it was pretty much gone... Then it was just a couple whacks with the hammer and it WAS gone. The scary thing is it had been holding up a tire.

I have a 245/75/16 spare MT/R in the stock location, and it barely fits. I was a little concerned about having the winch or cable fail. So I cranked it up there and then added a couple of cargo straps for a little added security and peace of mind.