Interesting solution to saving #3 in the Detroit 3

robfg67

Interesting article.

Some Dodge trucks could take the Jeep badge. The Dodge Ram pickup truck still commands a loyal following. And Jeep has no pickup: You do the math.

Talk about Karma. Dodge did in the truck line at Jeep.

There's one question CNW can't answer just yet: If the whole company became the Jeep Corp., what would happen to Chrysler's minivans, its one other successful lineup? Surely Jeep aficionados would gag if a gaggle of staid minivans joined the rowdy family.

I thought the 4dr JK was a minivan. :D

:cheers:

a 2nd gen comanche hmmm yummy. just hope it looks nothing like a dakota(even tho the comance looked like a dakota, or was it vice versa :hmm: )

just call it AMC and be done :ack:

if they were smart, they would just go back to the basics... keep all the name plates but build idk, 1 car 1 van 1 fullsize 1 mini/midsize and 1 sports car. :redX:

ack! as long as they get rid of the dodge motors. (cause they blow) and bring in some high torque-long life motors that wouldn' be to bad. and kill off the chrysler transmissions line totally. keep the cummins, develop a J-truck lookalike, J10, 20, 3000, 4000s again wouldn't be half bad.

ack! as long as they get rid of the dodge motors. (cause they blow) and bring in some high torque-long life motors that wouldn' be to bad. and kill off the chrysler transmissions line totally. keep the cummins, develop a J-truck lookalike, J10, 20, 3000, 4000s again wouldn't be half bad.

Sorry but I really have to disagree with you here. The 4.7 and 5.7 engines are very good motors. And the RFE series trannys are tough as nails. There were some early 5.7 valve spring issues, but they went to a different design. I would love a full size J truck with a 5.7 Hemi and a 68 RFE behind it, or a JK based "Scrambler" with a 4.7 and a 545RFE. There are plenty of 4.7's out there in early WJ's with upwards of 200K on the clock that haven't been cracked open.

Sorry but I really have to disagree with you here. The 4.7 and 5.7 engines are very good motors. And the RFE series trannys are tough as nails. There were some early 5.7 valve spring issues, but they went to a different design. I would love a full size J truck with a 5.7 Hemi and a 68 RFE behind it, or a JK based "Scrambler" with a 4.7 and a 545RFE. There are plenty of 4.7's out there in early WJ's with upwards of 200K on the clock that haven't been cracked open.

Yup, 68RFE and 545RFE are good trannies. Both the 4.7 and 5.7 seem to be pretty decent engines(and I guess the 3.7 as well).

ASSUMING they would do this, it would make sense to rebrand the Dakota as a Comanche, the RAM as a J-series and the Durango as a Wagoneer.

But naming a Dakota a Comanche would be a heck of a nut shot, considering the Comanche was killed off in favor of the Dakota.

I read a MSN moneyline article that states that Chrysler is on the hook for 30 million in bonuses and is now petitioning the government for a 25 billion bailout. There was a comment attached to the article that said Lee Ioccoa took no salary or bonus for the period he was in charge while the company was struggling.

I am so disgusted with this greed $#!& with these big companies, I have half a mind to just let them all fail. :mad: :headpop:

After all, the airlines all went bankrupt at one time or another, and they still flew during that period... :thwak: :thwak:

ASSUMING they would do this, it would make sense to rebrand the Dakota as a Comanche, the RAM as a J-series and the Durango as a Wagoneer.

But naming a Dakota a Comanche would be a heck of a nut shot, considering the Comanche was killed off in favor of the Dakota.

Hyundai doesn't want Dodge. Nissan does. Hyundai really just wants Jeep and possibly the LX cars (300 and Charger). The big problem with LX is the reliance on Daimler parts for it. Anyone picking that up would be stuck buying parts from them.

As of 11/7/08 Hyundai is who they are in talks with for Jeep :ack: Hope the GM or Renault-Nissan deal goes through first :(

http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv/id ... HP20081108

Actually CET, if any one company had to buy Jeep out I'd prefer it was Hyundai. I bought my wife their little SUV and I have nothing but praise to give their product, service, and dealership experience. And this is coming from a ,buy "Made in America" ,screw the world kinda guy.