Fuel Injectors - Renix Era

Hey All,

I was reading my new issue of JP (November 2008) today and saw the article on page 66.

It talks about the leaky fuel injectors that are starting to show up on Renix era engines and lists some part numbers (Bosch PN 02801580444) to replace them with.

First off, what are your thoughts on this whole deal. I know that none of them on my two MJs are leaking at the moment...

Second, If I do decide to go spend the $$$$ on 12 new injectors I'd like to try and "buy them in bulk" if there is any way to do so - considering when you buy them at the parts store, it is peacemeal and all. Do you guys know of any place that sells injectors "in bulk" or a good place online to get THESE injectors at? ( I know some people get the "aftermarket" high flow ones, not interested in them per say, I like my gas consumption just the way it is ;))

Thanks- Brent

i got 6 injectors from five-o motorsports online, i think it was in the neighborhood of 200 bucks maybe 225? theyre a 19lb/hr bosch piece from some year 5.0l mustang.

i had to crap on me at the same time and my brother had 1 or 2 leak on his as well...

i would wait til they actually leak. its not a major repair... maybe about an hour with a couple snacks in there.

The Ford Motorsport injectors (that you have obviously seen me promote on here) actually improve MPG. They are not "high flow"...just better spray pattern and flow matched. Definitely an improvement over the stock ones and MUCH better priced than the ones from five-o ;) .

http://www.precisionautoinjectors.com/p ... roductId=7

I know this isn't what you are asking about, but I just don't see any reason to get the others when these are so much better. I definitley recommend them over using even original MOPAR injectors. You also get a 10% discount when you use the word "JEEP" as a coupon/discount code ;)

The Ford Motorsport injectors (that you have obviously seen me promote on here) actually improve MPG. They are not "high flow"...just better spray pattern and flow matched. Definitely an improvement over the stock ones and MUCH better priced than the ones from five-o ;) .

I know this isn't what you are asking about, but I just don't see any reason to get the others when these are so much better. I definitley recommend them over using even original MOPAR injectors. You also get a 10% discount when you use the word "JEEP" as a coupon/discount code ;)

I got a email from that guy the other day, not a bad deal,, just I's to poor right now.. He said he would be moving back to Fl in a few months Brent.

next time your at the junkyard, snag some from an older ford v6. i think yellow is the color for 19 lb low impedence(bigger,older style) injectors. as newer fords have high impedence with a diff. connector. or buy a set for a v8 and have 2 extra lol.

Ford_Injector_Guide.jpg[/img]

How about power and throttle response? I'm assuming with the better pattern response should have shot up a bit?

sure you may not need to just change out the o-rings?

When mine leaked I changed out the o rings and that cured the leak. Unless you can see it physically leaking out the top part of the injector, (body), then hit up...

There are two possible places where they leak: (1) the O-rings, and (2) the connection between the metal portion of the body and the plastic portion. If the metal-to-plastic bond lets go, there is no possible repair.

This is not a new problem. I watched an XJ burn up in front of my then-GF's house ten years ago, and a couple of years after that a friend in NAXJA knew his injectors were leaking but drove his MJ to the dealership to buy new O-rings. He walked out of the parts department to find his truck in flames.

sure you may not need to just change out the o-rings?

When mine leaked I changed out the o rings and that cured the leak. Unless you can see it physically leaking out the top part of the injector, (body), then hit up...

There are two possible places where they leak: (1) the O-rings, and (2) the connection between the metal portion of the body and the plastic portion. If the metal-to-plastic bond lets go, there is no possible repair.

This is not a new problem. I watched an XJ burn up in front of my then-GF's house ten years ago, and a couple of years after that a friend in NAXJA knew his injectors were leaking but drove his MJ to the dealership to buy new O-rings. He walked out of the parts department to find his truck in flames.

OUCH! now THAT is a kick in he @$$!

OUCH! now THAT is a kick in he @$$!

Oh, yeah. Most definitely.

This is NOT something to take lightly. If your injectors are leaking, do NOT drive the vehicle. Do not even start the engine. The fuel from the leaking injectors drips onto the hot exhaust manifold and ... POOF! Crispy critters and roasty toasties. If you think you smell gas around the front of the vehicle ... open the hood and find out where it's coming from before you allow the truck to self-immolate.