Z28 383 700R4 in a MJ

Darren

I ran into this guy on my way to go wheeling at a gas station. What are the odds. He's had the Jeep for 10 years. Cleanest Jeep I've seen bar none. He's done everything imagineable to the motor and tranny. I told him to come over to the site and post his jeep here, I hope he does.

Now for the motor.

TJ buckets

It sounded absoloutly amazing. with a 4wd MJ he ran a 16 flat with 31" a/t's. spring over with V8 zj lift springs up front. 35 rear though :roll:

Every part on this thing was shiny and looked brand new.

Sweet! I personally try to steer away from as many electronics as I can. Function over form:

But I love the functions of EFI. :D

Definitly agree. But Which would you rather try to fix on the trail? :chillin:

EFI. Admittedly, I prefer the older, more stupid EFIs like Renix. :D

Wicked cool! But, from everything I've learned here, I can't believe he hasn't blown out that Turdy-Five with that kind of power? And even more unbelievable is that he didn't replace it considering what he's got in front of it? :nuts:

Exactly what I was wondering...Hell, with all the horror stories I've heard I'm afraid to go from a dig in a practically stock MJ ;)

It sounded absoloutly amazing. with a 4wd MJ he ran a 16 flat with 31" a/t's. spring over with V8 zj lift springs up front. 35 rear though :roll:

Every part on this thing was shiny and looked brand new.

A z28 350 (Lt1 I'm assuming) stroked to 383 in that thing should run a lot faster than a 16 flat, even with the lift and 31's...Something is telling me it isn't running up to par, or he is afraid of ripping apart that D35.

Sure that truck is nice, but its even cooler that three MJs showed up randomly in one parking lot.

How often does that happen????

Other than pics on here, I've never seen more than one at a time at any one place (mine)...I've passed a couple on the street, and one at a PnP one time, but NEVER EVER 3...

to answer a few questions.

Track time -

He has 3.55 gears and will be going to 4.56 soon.

the 35 rear -

I honestly don't know how he hasn't blown it up yet, but its not his wheeler, he has a 5.9 zj with 5.5" and long-arms, so this is just his pavement pounder.

3 MJ's in one spot -

Red MJ is mine, Black one is my buddies who was headed off to the trails with me. we pulled into the gas station when we saw it.