4 door mj

To make it look right you would want to combine a front door with a back door.

this would also mean that the back door would meet the MJ cab perfectly in the back, overall just strectching the jeep out more.

IMO if your going to do this you should start with a cleaner body MJ. And you should use a 97+ XJ front.

For all this trouble why not have the latest and greatest interior?

No offense, but I forsee this as a project that never gets off the ground, its one helluva commitment in time and labor.

Don't listen to these guys and just do it. :nuts: :popcorn:

no offense ORCA, but please don't offer that kind of advice.

as Pete said, do you understand sheetmetal and unibody (uniframe) construction? there is no frame under these vehicles, and so everything is structural. so, if you do decide to build it into a 4dr xj, you will need precise measurements, and proper reinforcement to make it work without screwing it up and putting a vehicle on the road that is not safe for driver much less passerby.

There is one in VA which you could use for reference.

I think I still have the guys contact info around here somewhere if you want it. Might take a couple days to find it.

i don't like.......thats WAY too long and too low........

and that "sunshade" thing.....eeesh

Dude, whats with the creepy face in the back window of the 'manche? Is that thing haunted?

Holy S$%# I see it too....... creepy :eek: better at least burn the topper. jamminz.gif make sure you have a bunch of wood piled in it upside down and a case of beer :cheers: image_209027.gif :beerhead: :clapping:

Ps.. You should just rip the seats out of the xj and mount them in the bed of the mj :brows: but make sure you build a roll cage or something :cheers:

The red crew is realy well done. I'd just fix up the blue Cherokee. then if you realy,realy, still want truck 4dr,cut the rear roof and 1/4 window off and add the rear part of bed from MJ basicly only useing the bed from the middle of wheel well back.But I'd just fix up the XJ and get a trailer for hauling . You could make a matching XJ trailer out of the MJ bed!

no offense ORCA, but please don't offer that kind of advice.

I don't think anyone actually paid attention to my incoherent comments :rotf:

No, just Jeepco, he takes things a little bit too serious, or literal, sometimes. I don't think anyone really thought you were saying "screw safety or doing it right, just do it!!". It's all good! :cheers:

wahoo, you're probably right.

orca, I basically don't want someone to get halfway through cutting up the cherokee and comanche to realize that you need to cut the MJ's frame rails up where the control arms mount, and the xj's frame rails where right behind the driver's seat. then the roof should be cut right behind the rear doors on the xj, and right in front of the door jamb on the MJ, and everything should be plated and sleeved on the frame rails when it's put together.

...i've definitely considered this project, and have bailed on it several times because i don't have the time to commit to it just yet.

sorry if i seemed too serious. just want to pass along accurate info and save someone a headache.