Tractor and swamp

UPcruiser

today when i came home from work i thought I would get some rest. but i came home to see My dads Allis-Chalmers D15 Tractor in the swamp with the tires part sunk and caked in mud. he sunk it the other day and i came home when it was dark, so i didn't notice it. We tried to put things under the tires to get traction but everything just got covered in mud and became slick. well in our last ditch effort we chained it to the front tow hooks on the MJ put it in 4X4 Low, and reversed, the Jeep's engine was willing but just not enough weight to keep traction. well at we did was bend one ow the tow hooks and felt false hope when the Jeep actually pulled the tractor about 3/4 to 1/2 foot. tomorrow were gonna ask one of the guys down the road if he could extract it with his skidder. Now i wish i hadn't tore apart my Dodge Power Ram.

I try to get the pics up when i can find where i put the camera. Just a warning they aren't too action packed, but they show a general size comparison and how stuck the tractor is. I missed when my dad tried to use the Bronco II to pull it out that would have been some good entertainment. I told him to use his new Sierra, but he refused.

Why don't you guys try and lift the rear up by the 3 point hitch then stuff a long ramp of sorts under the rear tire. plus while you try to pull him out tell him to use the front end loader to push.

And another thing would be to get some snatch blocks and tie off to that one tree and use a pulley system to multiply the force of your pulling. With enough runs on a pulley about 4 guys would be able to pull that tractor out.

Or you could even tie the strap to the tractors wheel and use it as a winch... Courtesy of the US Army recovery training.

The tractor is supposed to have a locking diff, but it doesn't seem to work , and it is into day 4 of it being stuck down there.

Hmmm...pretty soon it;ll be embedded up to the frame, (if not already). That'll be real fun to unstick then. :popcorn: