Idea on brake bleeding

Hi there all you smart cookies!!!

I'm about to bleed the brakes on the beast..

So I was thinking to my self,,, "Hummm, Self, I wonder if you can bleed everything at once,,"

Well then Self said back, "That would be nice!! I mean you did just put a new master on, all new calipers,rear cylinders, all rubber lines and even new lines coming off the master."

So that means the MC needs bleeding, front and rear + the truck still has the height proportional valve installed.

So self had an epiphany...."OK if I hook some say 3/16th clear tubing up to each open bleeder valve, and then run all 4 tubes back to the reservoir on the MC and then just sit there and pump the pedal,in 'selfs' thinking, it will bleed the air out of everything..."

Then self thought to self some more and said,"I wonder if I'll run into any problems with the front proportional valve letting all the brakes pressure flow only through the front lines..." "Nahhhh, answered self, the front is independent from the rear lines..."

So here I am stuck between petcock and a hard line..... Whats your views on doing this??????

:D

i don't think you could put enough effective pressure to all wheels. I usually just have some one help, only takes about 15min the normal way.

the last time I vacuum bled mine, that worked well. Hooked up a vacuum pump my dad had bought to do his AC to a jar with two tubes in it(keeps the fluid from going into the machine lines) and did each wheel that way. Worked pretty well.

i don't think you could put enough effective pressure to all wheels. I usually just have some one help, only takes about 15min the normal way.

the last time I vacuum bled mine, that worked well. Hooked up a vacuum pump my dad had bought to do his AC to a jar with two tubes in it(keeps the fluid from going into the machine lines) and did each wheel that way. Worked pretty well.

Well myself and I can't do it together... tried it but for some reason self keeps freaking following me around and won't pump the pedal when I'm at the bleeders!

I had a small hand vac pump but it busted on me when I was working on my Rodeo..

I'm going to try it this weekend. I have the tubing and bled the clutch with it and did pretty good.

I'll agree with the One wheel at a time, 1/4" clear line into a bottle, submerged in brake fluid, and pump the brake pedal 6-8 time, close the bleeder, fill master, go to the next wheel.

Eagle posted up a long time ago about bleeding the 4 wheels, and then the height leveling valve........I'll see if I can find the post.

I'm glad to see you got some one to help you with your MJ project-

"Hummm, Self, I wonder if you can bleed everything at once,,"

The only thing is........If your shadow what to help, tell him NO, and find something else for your shadow to do :razz:

:shake:

Here it is..........4th post down-

http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopi ... e+bleeding

I'll agree with the One wheel at a time, 1/4" clear line into a bottle, submerged in brake fluid, and pump the brake pedal 6-8 time, close the bleeder, fill master, go to the next wheel.

Eagle posted up a long time ago about bleeding the 4 wheels, and then the height leveling valve........I'll see if I can find the post.

I'm glad to see you got some one to help you with your MJ project-

"Hummm, Self, I wonder if you can bleed everything at once,,"

The only thing is........If your shadow what to help, tell him NO, and find something else for your shadow to do :razz:

:shake:

:D

I've at least got to try it because if I don't I'll kick myself for not knowing if it works or not, even if it don't.. you know...

Hey JT - why don't you get Steph to pump it for you? :brows:

Cause the seats are out.. + shes a woman and doesn't know how to follow directions..

Before or after the Make over???????

:laughin:

Yeah right.... forgettt about it... :D

Cause the seats are out.. + shes a woman and doesn't know how to follow directions..

:hmm: I thought the last time we talked, you were going to get a 5 gallon bucket in there, so you would have real "bucket seats"????

:nanner:

:hmm: I thought the last time we talked, you were going to get a 5 gallon bucket in there, so you would have real "bucket seats"????

:nanner:

lol.... yelp did didnt I? hehe

Dayem JT, my wife pumps mine whenever I need to do it. :D Follows directions well too. :rotfl2:

And Bob, you are a very sick man. :jump:

listen.......... whoooosh....... did you hear that?? Yelp that first post went right over my head!! You lucky you know that right!! lol

Have you seen these. I am gonna order some. Solves the problem of having to do them alone. Crying or Very sad

http://www.speedbleeder.com/

Ive thought about those too madman.... might be something I will do...

listen.......... whoooosh....... did you hear that?? Yelp that first post went right over my head!! You lucky you know that right!! lol

Yeah man, I knew that. But the Wildman picked it up instantaneously. Gotcha mate! :cheers:

Have you seen these. I am gonna order some. Solves the problem of having to do them alone.

I did try these. Got a set locally and used them when I did my 96 booster/master/disk brake upgrade. They got most of the air out, but I still had a slightly spongy pedal after three or four tries. I then removed them and did it the old fashioned way, wheel by wheel, hose into a glass jar w. fluid in it, and extracted quite a bit more air from the system. I retained my rear load level prop valve, so that could have been the reason. :dunno: So I prefer the two-man (or woman) method. :cheers:

if you wanna do it and you have time, take the top off the master and open all 4 bleeders or even just one or two at a time. it will gravity bleed

or you can go to the parts store and buy the magical bleeder screws that replace the ones in your caliper and only allow fluid out not in then tighten and drive

It might not gravity bleed with an air bubble in the line near the master cylinder. Gravity bleed is really siphoning and you need air free from the m/c to some point below in the lilne before it will siphon.

Another option is to pick up another m/c cover and put an air fitting on it. Crank the shop air down to about 5 psi and then just open one wheel at a time and out comes the juice

Have you seen these. I am gonna order some. Solves the problem of having to do them alone. :cry:

Same as Mr. Hornbrod wrote, I've tried them on my van, and no luck, and at like $10 a piece, I'll do it with the bottle and hose every time, and Yes, I have my shadow help me :D

As jaekl wrote, Power Bleeding is about the best way to solve this problem :D

But you should use a reservoir can to supply the fluid so you don't run dry.

Well ideas are good,,, lets you know how not do something, but leads to something good.... The bleed all at once didnt go to good.. was kinda busy running around making sure everything was going ok, did find a line I made didnt get tightened to well, realized I shouldnt try and bleed without the rear drums on, and that if you unscrew a bleeder to much it will put air in the tubing your using..

SO,, I just had to do it the old fashion way,, had my son pump the pressure and hold it, as I loosened the bleeder... I did have him pump fluid through to a bottle until fluid was nice and clear. Then put the lines into the MC and just circulated fluid until no air was seen, and then did the pump'n' hold.

BUT,, still using all four lines to the MC made it really easy and clean to do all the brakes without having to stop and fill reservoir. Also with the length of the tubing going from bleeders to MC + the tubing was clear, made it really easy to see if any air was still going through..

I wouldn't call it a complete waste of time, just now I know I'm 100% air free. :D

• 1 month later...

you know, is going through all this trouble to save time really worth it? if it is then congrads JT you got some good thinking goinong, seriously. but if it takes more time and thinking and energy then whats the point?

I'm sure JT, with a little more though and working out the bugs you could be onto something.

good thinking though! jamminz.gif