purple finders custom purple bumper

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now now guys, remember what Mama always said:

If ya don't have nothin nice to say, blah, blah, blah. AND:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Hey project88mj, if you like it, All is Good! :cheers: A lot of the tasteless bastids on this forum don't like chrome either. :D

now stop and lets remember .... can anyone on this form ever remember

anything remotly close to what i have done ...didnt think so

but look back up at the bumper (yes it is grape i know)also the light bar tell me what you think i built them myself no help at all, how does it look? (yea i know purple)

now stop and lets remember .... can anyone on this form ever remember

anything remotly close to what i have done ...didnt think so

but look back up at the bumper (yes it is grape i know) i built it myself no help at all how does it look? (yea i know purple)

As mentioned, a TopGear episode, I believe it was an old Suzuki that had the exact paint scheme. Not a Jeep I know, but that's a good thing because it looked...well, barbie and ken. ;) Relax though, we are all just poking fun :chillin:

As far as the bumper goes, great job regardless of the color jamminz.gif

i think the light bar was kind of pointless, but it looks just fine.

the rear bumper is too weak...factory mounts won't do it any good, and that tow assembly looks not-so-good and like it doesn't have much (if any) towing capacity. it should also be hidden behind the tube instead.

and i don't know why you thought of that paint...but none of it goes together IMHO. good on you for doing what you want, but I'd really like to see the rest of the truck purple, or put normal colored flares back on it.

all i ask is that you make it match.

if i drove past you would you look

you know, maybe it's just me, but you seem very needy. you seem like you think you need everyone's approval ot make yourself feel better.

that kinda rubs me wrong...no offense.

the answer is yes. and then I would shake my head and feel bad for the non-matching paint scheme and worse for the person who's driving it.

i'm trying to be constructive for you...

number one rule. you don't need our approval. if you're out to get people to stare at you, maybe mature a bit and take a break, then come back.

then, paint it ALL to match. i have no problem with a completely purple comanche. matter of fact, a friend of mine painted a comanche pink for his daughter...and while it's a real shame that a 17 year old ditzy girl who's totaled 3 cars has a real nice 91 comanche with factory roll bar, i can deal with the paint.

I congratulate you on your inginuity in customizing your rig. I wish I had the facilities to build my own stuff.

I agree that the rear bumper leaves some to be desired as far as strength and design, but hey...you did it yourself and will learn from it.

The color would not be my choice either, but it's not my truck and if you like it...that's what matters :cheers: .

dang thought i was the first oh well still waiting on my mother to do the pinstriping she is an art teacher and teaches modern art. when she has some spare time she said she would do a tribal pinstriping type stuff where the gold stripe was. despite what some ppl think i think it will look ok... just wanted to be different

I have a rear bumper (Pro Comp) similar to the one you got there and the fellows are right... The stock mounts WILL let you down in a big way, but t-i-t-s on making it yourself.

As for the paint... Not my first choice, but the purple isn't all the problem. I don't like white cars; feels like driving a service vehicle.

I'm with the folks that say "if you like it right on."

And as far as folks being critical of your 'vanity' in wanting it to stand out?

I don't think there is anybody here (regardless of paint scheme) that doesn't appriciate a compliment on their ride. Right? I think we all love cars if this is how we spend our time and more to the point... Jeeps... and more to the point... Comanches.

God knows I scope every Jeep that goes by, even bone stock ones.

Yeah, the color ain't conventional, but if you dig it? Right on.

P.S. Down with chrome (my beef :) )