f1tbiker6's 1989 manche

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

fender flares are finally on as well as both vent covers. thanks to mfpdm for the front flares, mirrors, and vent covers!

next on the list is new back bumper, and body work (getting rid of the rust) and paint. for paint I'm pretty much set on using hot rod flatz, flat black automotive paint. this is what it looks like:

after all the body work is taken care of, i will finally start on the 4wd swap.

fender flares are finally on as well as both vent covers. thanks to mfpdm for the front flares, mirrors, and vent covers!

I thought I sent you rear flares. Darn Vicodin has me all messed up. :chillin:

Looking good though.

:cheers:

After looking into it some more, you should be able to swipe a tailgate handle from a first gen. S-10, S-15. I think they are the exact same part...

its not quite that simple. not just the handle snapped off, the two metal levers inside are snapped in half.

• 3 weeks later...

ive figured out a temporary solution for the tailgate lever, i just took out the whole handle and used a rubber band to hold the two metal pulling things from falling down into the tailgate, and you just pull them with your hands to lower the tailgate.

as for paint i think ive decided on rustoleum semi-gloss black. here's a shot of just my tailgate as the store didnt have enough paint for the whole truck and i wanted to just test one spot for the time being.

i was told that the dana 35 in the back will break with 35's if you do anything more then light wheeling....

you heard correctly. i plan to swap in an dana 44 when i do the 4wd swap. and even so i only have 33's, not 35's.

well its not entirely finished but i figured id update. got everything but one panel sprayed, and thats because my freind is welding a piece of metal in the hole. the passengers side is completely finished with two coats of paint. the hood, roof and drivers side need a second coat. as you can see darker and lighter spots. had to wrap it up for now as I'm getting paid to transport some furniture today :cheers:

its not perfect, but it'll do for now.

• 2 weeks later...

well, ive scheduled my comanche to go in to Jeff Daniels Jeep shop a semi-local shot that only works on jeeps!

they will be doing:

4wd swap

dana 44 up front

ford 8.8 in the back not sure about lockers yet

both geared to 4.56

theyll be putting in my spacers and hooking me up with some rough country adjustable control arms

tune up

rust on driverside floor

things I'm doing:

jcr prerunner front bumper or jcr stage 3

motion offroad rock rails

motion offroad tube doors

tailgate lever

sway bar disco

skid plates

high flow cat

lebaron hood vents