2001 Eliminator

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike, I just noticed in your first couple pictures that you had a factory light bar; what happened to it?

Also, the Mopar interior paint that you used, how has it held up? I have some interior panels on my new TJ that are faded that I'd like to re-dye. What prep work did you do on the panels before spraying? I'm assuming it was pretty expensive since it came from the dealer.

Mike, I just noticed in your first couple pictures that you had a factory light bar; what happened to it?

Also, the Mopar interior paint that you used, how has it held up? I have some interior panels on my new TJ that are faded that I'd like to re-dye. What prep work did you do on the panels before spraying? I'm assuming it was pretty expensive since it came from the dealer.

I still have that light bar in my barn. It isn't factory though. I'm not sure what it was made for. When I got the truck, it was in the bed, but not bolted down. It looks like it had been bolted to the wheel wells at one time though. There were bolt holes and flat spots on the wheel wells that I've since repaired.

The Mopar paint has held up great. It still has the same shade with no fading. Granted, its only been in there for a little over a year and a half. I prepped the panels by washing them down with soap and water to get them cleaned up. After that I sanded them down with 320 grit sandpaper to get them scuffed up. After sanding them, I washed them one more time to get the dust off them, then blew them dry with an air hose. Wiped them down with mineral spirits then went over them with a tack cloth and finally shot them with the paint. As for the cost. Well, I wasn't pleased at all. They are 5 oz cans and ran somewhere in the neighborhood of $13 per can. Fortunately each panel I painted in the truck got 3-4 coats from one can. I grumbled when I bought them just because I'm pretty cheap. But after I finished, I was pleased I spent the money.

• 2 weeks later...

I was going through my desktop earlier and stumbled across some old pictures of the Comanche from when i first got it. I completely forgot all about these. Most are pictures from the seller and a couple are when I got it back to the property. I thought it was nostalgic and had to share.

beautiful job :bowdown: :bowdown: --- dumb question, what did use to hang the overhead console ??

The headliner is from Steve at SMS Headliners. The backboard is pretty thick and stout. I lined it up where I wanted it and marked it. Then cut a hole in the headliner for the hanger on the console to slip into. On the front. Its held up with two screws. I just used the two from the donor when I pulled it.

Mike, the outlet is cool, but how is it connected/wired?

Ryan, the outlet is powered using the same wires from the power socket I pulled out. I cut the OEM plug off and crimped female blade connectors on to the wires. I picked that side because the fit was better and it was also switched power.

Damn it, I've followed this forum far enough. Its time you proved your MJ's worth by robbing a bank or something like that.

Jay

Haha, Jay. I have a few days off. I'll have to see what I can come up with using all my scary black "assault weapons"! May go annoy some liberals and chase them down the streets in the truck. Because, you know, I'm a terrorist with those guns. I drive a gas hog that destroys the environment. All those horrible things!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

No sir,not really. Just maintenance. Shamefully I haven't given it much attention lately. Work and family has taken the lions share of my time. But shes still trucking along. I kissed the rear end of a Mitsubishi Eclipse a couple of weeks ago on the way home. Back end of their car was dented in pretty bad. My front bumper didn't even have a scratch. I guess that's karma for you when you cut someone off and slam on your brakes!