Auto transporters?

smithe1811

You got a good deal too since you were originally going west empty.
Ya, we just figured up distance and figured my truck would drop to 13-15mpg loaded ( it actually got 11-13mpg loaded cuz it sucks) and figured up how many $80 fuel ups I'd need and it came out to $600. So I wasn't in it for profit

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Think of your trip as a semi-paid vacation.  
The return trip is paid for too.
Noah's big tire carrier bumper and the cj bumper that was supposed to go to Bo came out here with me and the profit from them paid for the drive back. The Vegas stop of our trip was the only thing I paid for so far.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:47 PM, krustyballer16 said:

Lol. I only did it cuz I was already going his way with an empty trailer. So figured I might as well load it up with his truck and take it to him

Had no expectations ... I was pulling your leg!  

I went with Direct Express Auto Transport.  Plug in pick up and destination zip codes and it generates three quotes; standard, quicker, quickest

which are priced accordingly.  I have more time than money and so, went with standard.  We'll see what pans out and I'll post it here.

10 hours ago, krustyballer16 said:

The return trip is paid for too.
Noah's big tire carrier bumper and the cj bumper that was supposed to go to Bo came out here with me and the profit from them paid for the drive back. The Vegas stop of our trip was the only thing I paid for so far.

You really have to watch Las Vegas.  Nobody leaves, without paying there!!!

When my Dad sold the Miata, the buyer got a quote from some sketchy methy looking dudes on Uship for $800 from Rural Illinois to Kansas City. They showed up in a rotted out Suburban and a busted up 16 foot open deck trailer.  The buyer was okay with it, so we loaded it.  We thought it would disappear and never be heard from again and it actually showed up.  When he got the 40th anniversary Vette brought to him, he used Dark Horse Logistics. The car showed up in an enclosed 34 foot trailer with a partition blocking any other freight from touching his car.  Doc the driver was this great old coot, who hauled alot of higher end cars, and made sure that he called my dad every 100 miles to let him know exactly where his car was at. This was about $2 a mile for this service.

UShip can be a great resource for shipping vehicles at incredibly low rates.  I worked with a contractor for a few years that was based in Indiana and would travel all over the US to install and service our equipment.  He would always drive to the locations (regardless of distance) and would use UShip to see if there were any jobs posted that were on his way.  Didn't bother me any as long as he got to the sites on time and got the work done - was just a little extra bonus money in his pocket if everything panned out correctly. 

I believe that UShip has additional insurance policies you can purchase in the event that the rotted out tow vehicle or busted up trailer finally gives up and your vehicle becomes a victim.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a good experience with  Direct Express Auto Transport https://www.autotransportdirect.com/quote/?step=3.  From request to delivery (door to door) took about 10 days and the total cost was $675.  $175 deposit, cash or money order upon delivery to the driver.  A little over 1000 miles, open trailer.  Driver called the day before with an approximate arrival time.  I was going to be at work, so he asked how much lead time and he called "on the mark".  I would recommend this service. 

I should add that I chose the least expensive option ... more $ means quicker assignment of the vehicle and so, quicker delivery.