OK...I think we have figured it out... {some work done}

BLHTAZ

After adding the bumper to the front, many of you brought up the fact that the air dam under the front needed to go. I agreed, but was not sure exactly how I wanted to do it. Tina and I have been playing with the picture on the computer and have decided that we like this version. It is pretty much the cut that everyone does, but we had to decide if we wanted to paint the flares and what other changes to make.

We decided on... (computer moc-up shown...forgive my lack of skill)

- Cut the front

- Paint the flares to match bumpers & bar

- Paint the cab side vents to match silver

Before

After

Yea...it definitely needs to be cut, but we just think there is too much Blue so we are trying to balance it out a little better. I think the real thing will look much better than what that picture does because of my limited photo"chopping" skills.

Yea...it definitely needs to be cut, but we just think there is too much Blue so we are trying to balance it out a little better. I think the real thing will look much better than what that picture does because of my limited photo"chopping" skills.

Photo chop cut black flares on it and post it up. I think they would look the best. Make it choice #3. :brows:

You're right it's too blue in the first one and I think they stand out too much on the second one.

With the black mirrors, window mouldings and black cab vents black it would match those and blend it all together. :chillin:

I pick #3 jamminz.gif

OK...I did what I could to make choice #3.

I actually kind of like that myself too. Damnitman...I thought I was finally settled on what to do :headpop: :D

Thats my choice. It picks up on the black nicely without jumping out at you like the silver does. :chillin:

Instead of painting them get some unpainted ones to replace your blue flares. That way you don't have to worry about scratching the flare or having the paint chip by leaning on them.

Just so you know '95-'96 XJ front fender flares run at the same angle as the tire, the body tapers in and the flares are wider in the front to offset the body taper for better tire coverage. Older flares are the same width from front to back.

I would personally raise the flares to the bodyline and cut the fenders/flares even with the bottom of headlight bezels like I did in the following pictures. ;)

lfview_sm.jpglfflex_sm.jpgfilledgap_sm.jpg

lfview_sm.jpgFrontFlareRight_sm.jpgflexedat_sm.jpg

Image Not Found

Picture of the '95-'96 front flare taper.

Image Not Found

:cheers:

We talked about that too, but not sure if we like it or not yet. ;)

What's not to like? Chrome mirrors and door handles would look great on that blue color of yours w. the silver roll bar and bumpers, and especially with your chrome grille and headlight doors. Plus chrome won't fade all out in that hot FL sun. :D :eek: :D

I like the color matched flairs, but like the black too. The silver flairs don't look bad since they blend in with the bumpers, but, IMO, definitely don't like the cab vents painted silver. Seems like you can do this in stages and see how you like it and then change if necessary. Cutting the front seems like a sure winner, so maybe start with that and see if you like it with the blue flares. Go black next and if you don't like that go silver. Could make for a lot of work but gives you options.

I like the color matched flairs, but like the black too. The silver flairs don't look bad since they blend in with the bumpers, but, IMO, definitely don't like the cab vents painted silver. Seems like you can do this in stages and see how you like it and then change if necessary. Cutting the front seems like a sure winner, so maybe start with that and see if you like it with the blue flares. Go black next and if you don't like that go silver. Could make for a lot of work but gives you options.
That's pretty much the way we intend to do it...a little at a time so we don't go overboard. Cutting is definitely the first thing though.