Dang. The rust free ones always look so pretty. :D

Colorado is nice, despite being a "winter state" our vehicles are usually rust free.

I think the rust belt see's way more salt and moisture than we do.

I'm sure I will find some surface rust around once I dig into it, but I'm not expecting to replace any sheet metal.

*knocks on wood*

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

little update, our parts have landed:

Well I got the stuff! I'm including a few pictures that I took of the items. If anyone needs any specifics let me know and I'll take a picture. I'll be back in a few days and will be able to start shipping the stuff out to you guys. The header panels got banged around a bit and they have some scratches and scrapes but nothing to major. They are a lot beefier then the US spec ones :) Everything else looks good, but I didn't really get a chance to pick into every box because of time.... Headlights and taillights were packed very nicely but the boxes for the other items looked like the took a beating. But the stuff in them was in good shape.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

SWEET!

how much did everything set you back?

About $300, and I got everything, thinking I would be installing this on an XJ. The rear flares and bumper end caps won't be used for example.

But thats $300 into the country in washington, I still need to pay the guy for domestic shipping.

the parts alone were about $165 for everything.

SWEET!

About $300, and I got everything, thinking I would be installing this on an XJ. The rear flares and bumper end caps won't be used for example.

But thats $300 into the country in washington, I still need to pay the guy for domestic shipping.

sheesh!

that's cheap as hell...did you get the wiring for the lights too or no?

can you post up or pm me details on how to get the parts? I REALLY want this front end. $500 or less is worth it IMHO.

SWEET!

sheesh!

that's cheap as hell...did you get the wiring for the lights too or no?

can you post up or pm me details on how to get the parts? I REALLY want this front end. $500 or less is worth it IMHO.

crap, I had a nice post all typed up, and forgot to hit send apparently

well, here:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.p ... 51&page=29

Getting closer, got some misc connectors and crap I need to tie the CRD harness into the XJ dash harness, though they are slightly different so I will need to trim the plugs to fit. (they have an indexing tab so you can't install the wrong plug in the wrong place, great when you have 3 similar plugs together, not great when you can only find the one plug) I might check and see if I can get some repair connectors from Jeep that will give me the correct plug so I don't have to trim some off the plugs I have now.

MJ23.jpg

Some more parts arrived:

Hehehe......return home from my early class, looky whats here at the door:

MJ24.jpg

Now lets get her inside and open her up!

MJ25.jpg

MJ26.jpg

MJ27.jpg

MJ28.jpg

MJ29.jpg

MJ30.jpg

MJ31.jpg

Ohhhhh purdy:

MJ32.jpg

MJ33.jpg

MJ34.jpg

MJ35.jpg

MJ36.jpg

As you can see its just a normal H3 bulb. I'm thinking H4 Xenons for the headlights, and H3 Xenons for the low beams........hehehehe

MJ37.jpg

Looks good zluster! I might get the front clip too. That all black grill is nice! Did you get the entire front clip?

I got everything but the "water proof" - it will not work for the MJ.

I decided they would look better out in the sun' date=' so I went and took some more pics. Turns out they are way cooler looking out there:

[img']http://colorado4wheel.com/images/1988_MJ/MJ38.jpg[/img]

MJ39.jpg

MJ40.jpg

MJ41.jpg

MJ42.jpg

MJ43.jpg

MJ44.jpg

MJ45.jpg

MJ46.jpg

MJ47.jpg

MJ48.jpg

MJ49.jpg

MJ50.jpg

:roll: not that I know of but .... xj tail lights ( including the j2500) once shaved of the surrounding mounting frame; They are still 1 inch wider that MJ lights and about 5/8 shorter ( not that big of a deal ) Still U can do a custom job .

( In progress ) and make 'em fit. i.e that folder section where u set the "outside " screws for the mj tail light . can be straighten and make up for most of the inch gap... :cheers:

U can still use both 1157's and the reverse 1156 on such .. but need to splice and do some groun work for an extra 1156 to plug in the amber section.

Also take note these light do not have side lighting.....anbother custom job.

I'm already knee deep with the j2500 lights so ;I guess i might as well post how I mess'em up :D

Hmm u care for a pair jt ? :brows:

Yelp sure am.... Only thing is I don't want to buy something and have it sit on a shelf for the rest of its life....

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being impossible, how hard is the retro fit??

I'm already knee deep with the j2500 lights so ;I guess i might as well post how I mess'em up :D

Hey now those would fit on my XJ.......... :brows: knee deep you say?Image Not Found

I asked for ..... :D

They're bolt in for 1st gen xj's .. might have a small gap at the bottom cause of the rear bumper config for such models overseas.

nothing major... jamminz.gifjamminz.gif

Yelp sure am.... Only thing is I don't want to buy something and have it sit on a shelf for the rest of its life....

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being impossible, how hard is the retro fit??

I'd say with some hacking skills a 4-5 .

when I'm done custom fitting them in my MJ I'll post some ...pics.

Snapped some pics under the MJ today:

Ew, 2wd, gross!

MJ51.jpg

MJ52.jpg

MJ53.jpg

Some light surface rust on stuff, but nothing structural or cancerous. Might try to get it sand blasted instead of wire-brush-drilled.

MJ54.jpg

MJ55.jpg

MJ56.jpg

The one part of the body where I will need to do bodywork:

MJ57.jpg

MJ58.jpg

Testing out the 2500 flares, they basically take up the same amount of fender space that the 97+ flares do, but have a somewhat different "squared off" shape to them.

MJ59.jpg

MJ60.jpg

MJ61.jpg

MJ62.jpg

We will not be able to use the 97+ flare tie downs without modification:

MJ63.jpg