opinions needed on rollbar

89eliminator

I'm just test fitting this rollbar from an early Dodge Dakota. It is currently jeepco's, but I'm probably gonna buy it off of him. It fits pretty good considering its not even made for a MJ. Its just sitting in the bed right now, with nothing tight. Let me know what you guys think...

very nice.... looks like it belongs there to me!!

edit: with a coat of high gloss of course...

Even the cargo light still should work great.

It looks like it is just below the bar.

here are a few pics of the fenderwell mount. this is pretty much the only thing that has to be cut to fit. besides this, i could bolt the rollbar in right now if i wanted to. I'm gonna weld up all the seams first though for extra strength.

haha.

because of the accident I can't modify the 3800 now until everything is all said and done...and i don't really want to sell it, but wade's a good friend and i'll find another one eventually. thought i had one from billybob but guess not???

blah.

i have a new toy to play with anyways.

here are a few pics of the fenderwell mount. this is pretty much the only thing that has to be cut to fit. besides this, i could bolt the rollbar in right now if i wanted to. I'm gonna weld up all the seams first though for extra strength.

It fits right over the wheel weld pinch weld, but that looks easily modded to fit. Prolly should make up some backing plates too like the factory ones had. Gonna look great on your rig. :cheers:

It fits right over the wheel weld pinch weld, but that looks easily modded to fit. Prolly should make up some backing plates too like the factory ones had. Gonna look great on your rig. :cheers:

yeah, every mount is gonna have a backing plate underneath for extra strength. it shouldnt be that hard to get this thing to fit right.

I think it looks good! jamminz.gif

edit---BTW, that is a really nice lookin rig! awesome red with the flares to match! got a shot of the front?-I'd like the see the bush guard on the front.

Got the brush guard off of a XJ, not sure on who made it. Custom fit the winch into it.

WOW,, See what I mean!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :eek: :roll: :roll:

Just read Twistys comment of 2 LWB bars and must have stuck in my head...

My bad, :oops: GOOD catch!!

CW

haha. easy catch...he's 10 minutes from my house :P

rollbar is done :D . made backing plates for the wheelwell mounts, and welded all the seams together. i have the cb antennas angled back on purpose so they arent constantly banging off the vertical bar. fits pretty good in my opinion.