what to do? well nvm...2nd page for pics of why

JeepcoMJ

So I'm lifting the 3800.

I've got everything for a 6.5" lift...except the upper control arms.

I've got a new front axle at the same time...the current one is bent. gearing going from 3.55 to 4.10's.

I've got the dana 44 rear (MJ) with 4.09 rears as well (SOA)

getting 33x10.50 BFG AT/KO's from TNT for it. running dakota rear brake hose and YJ fronts.

now I have pretty much no money...and I'm debating what to do about the upper control arms. I have a couple options;

build a set myself

save and buy (don't like this idea since my front upper control arms are close to dead, I've got a bad TRE on the pitman, and I really want to get the regear in.)

or the next choice;

install my 4.5" lift kit right now. it uses stock uppers, aftermarket fixed lowers, and I've got literally everything to put it in...i can even run my 31" tires for awhile. this would be free, get me the regear right now, and get my speedometer closer to accurate (it is off by 13% right now because of the oversize tires)

...this choice seems best to me, but i don't like doing work twice, and it will be going to 6.5" of lift.

anyone have any opinions here? or anyone have a set of 6.5" UCA's?

Thanks,

Pat

i would wait till you have the funds to do the 6.5in lift.

Or, just "borrow" Wade's while he's either sleeping or at work. :D

Nah, can't do that. Pat, as much as I know ya wanna get the 3800 lifted, I'd have to give another vote to waiting to do it once, and do it right. Leave the multiple liftings to the people that would have to save their money for years on end to get the right height. :chillin:

well...

i most definitely don't have any money now. didn't spend any, yet.

why you ask?

well...

picking up a 87 shortbed 4.0 2wd automatic torrow. it's basically the 3800's twin, and the body is actually in better shape than the 3800's body (almost zero rust ANYWHERE). white with blue interior, all base model stuff.

except it's rocking a dana 44 rear. it doesn't run right now...either a junk motor or some other electrical issues, but I couldn't pass up the "wisconsin price" plans are either swap all my dad's 86 turbo diesel drivetrain in it, or 4wd it and lift to 4.5" with 31x10.50's.

oh, my brother picked up an 89 shortbed 4 cyl 4 speed 2wd last friday for another wisconsin price...but it is nowhere near as nice as this one.

:D

I can't tell you how many lifts I have done, and not gone to my fianl lift height to begin with. To me it depends if you need the rig a certain way by a certain time wether or not to do it. At the moment I am gethering parts wide open to Lock,cage, and Install chromo's front and rear on one of my rigs. Goal being to have it wheelable by July1. So far it looks like I am going to make it... but it won't be on the tires, or ride height It will be on ultimately. BUt I have all the other major components either on order or onsite.

short arm 6.5 '' sux bad. i say wait until you can go long arm otherwise stay at 4.5

meh. it's a DD i'm not looking for super good flex, and it will eventually get longarm not now though.

anyways, this thread is all moot now. it will be awhile, if ever, before the 3800 gets any other parts put on it. pics of the damage to come... :cry: :mad:

anyways, this thread is all moot now. it will be awhile, if ever, before the 3800 gets any other parts put on it. pics of the damage to come... :cry: :mad:

:needpics:

i don't know if you want to see it. i was over there a few hours ago to check it out and its bad :cry:

i don't know if you want to see it. i was over there a few hours ago to check it out and its bad :cry:

WTF!!!!

she took another hit.

same spot.

much, much worse.

and...i need to look her over, the hit goes from midway down the flare on to the back of the jeep. it doesn't seem to drive the same and i'm praying it's not junk.

here is the album where the pics are at.

also in that album is the camaro that i got the motor out of, and my new comanche.

here's the sampler pics

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

new comanche

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

the new one is a 1987 shortbed 4.0 auto 2wd with a dana 44 rear and 3.55 gears. it won't run...turns over fine, but the fuel pump doesn't work, and i haven't trouble shot it yet. it's from colorado, almost no rust (floors are almost perfect, and you can see the few spots it does have. should be an easy fix, and i already have everything for a 4wd swap and 4.5" lift with 31" tires :D. it sat in a barn for 5 years, and the interior reaks of mice jamminz.gif :brows:

for clarification...

I was crossing a highway. highway doesn't have stop lights/signs.

so here I am getting ready to go straight across.

and here's this other guy guy (who got to the intersection after me) also apparently going straight across.

I'm halfway across the intersection when he guns it, looking to the right..and not at me. his turn signal is not on, and he turns right into the side of my truck at easily 15mph, pushing my truck 3 feet over to the right.

at the point he collided with me, i was already crossed into the opposite lane from my starting point, he turned early, didn't look, didn't signal, and didn't obey traffic laws.

that being said, the officer DID NOT ticket him. my friend jake was in the vehicle with me and also witnessed the exact same events. so, this will be fun :roll:

Were you issued any tickets? If not file a claim with his insurance company. Unfortunately this will probrably take a long time to get his insurance company to pay to fix your truck. You might end up in small claims court to get your ride fixed.

If it was my rig.. I would just cut off the damage and make the other side match :brows:

no one was issued tickets.

this will be a insurance issue i'm sure. the fault is his, the facts show it. you hit someone in the back side of their vehicle with the front left of yours, it's obvious who was farther out, and who had the right-of-way.

I'm prepared to drag it as far as need be to get this repaired 100%. I just fixed everything just a couple weeks ago.