Need your help ... Are they too big?? >>Updated<&lt

BLHTAZ

Are they too big?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Are they too big?

• Yes...too big
    • No...they look good
    • OK, but I have another idea for you

I think they look great myself, but Tina thinks they are big bug eyes so we need some help. Place your vote and offer opinions if you wish :D .

We bought a set of these to grace the new front bumper...

Some neighborhood kids wanted in on the action as usual ;)

The problem there is we got them so we would have something sticking up so Tina could tell where the bumper is as she can't see the top of it when driving and she is affraid that she is going to hit something because she drives it to work a lot now that she has to park in a very tight parking garage at her new job.

The YJ fits in the garage, but just barely and it only fits on the first 3-4 floors. She often has to park on the 5th - 7th floor.

Mount them upside down so they sit in front of the grill.

:agree:

I had the same problem with the one on the TJ. Just tell her to give herself extra distance when driving and parking. After a bit she will be able to judge the distance.

Or, trade them for a set of low profile ones like on the rollbar of the Tomb Raider edition TJ. They set high enough to see but won't look like bug eyes.

:cheers:

You know, I always hated the look of that bumper until ya bought it Taz. Now I'm jealous. Looks good. Leave the lites there. And stick four more on the roll bar.

The only thing is I guess the point of the bumper is to protect the front and I can see those getting ripped off in that position on a tree limb. So keep em there to park in the garage and flip em upside when you take her out.

You know, I always hated the look of that bumper until ya bought it Taz. Now I'm jealous. Looks good. Leave the lites there. And stick four more on the roll bar.

The only thing is I guess the point of the bumper is to protect the front and I can see those getting ripped off in that position on a tree limb. So keep em there to park in the garage and flip em upside when you take her out.

Good idea,,

If you have a spare rear bumpstop or maybe the OE front bumper guards, cut a couple chunks off and glue them to the D-ring mounts (they look like they are the furthest point forward on the bumper) then paint them silver to blend in with the bumper. Then Tina can use the 'Mawnin method of parking. I've listed the steps to this parking method below:

1. Locate your desired parking space

2. 'Mawn in 'til you hit something, then back up a little ;)

As some of you may know, this method was derived from the more commonly used 'Ahmback method. For the uninitiated, I've listed those steps also.

1. Locate your desired parking space

2. 'Ahm back until you hit something, then pull forward a little :D

Both methods are very helpful when parallel parking. :brows:

Leave the lites there. And stick four more on the roll bar.
That is what Tina said too. She thought it might look better (balanced) once we have the roll/light bar in and lights on it.

Please remember that this truck does not see trail use so catching the lights on a tree limb is not a concern. We have our YJ for the trail playing, this truck was purchased to restore/fix up and show off ;) .

JT, look at georgiaboys blackie, there's your roof rack!

number1.gif

4 shizzle.... huh..

It does look good with the camper top... :wrench:

I still think Taz's lights would be better mounted on the bottom side of the hoop.. and he could ad some curb feelers sticking up to help the lil lady park the beast..

I agree w/JT. IMO the front bar would look soooo much better with the lights tipped under. In fact, I think it might look good to mix and match a little. I think the ones you have on the bar now actually look too small on that big bar. On the bumper or a more std brush guard I think they would look ok, but they look TINY on that badass bumper. I say throw the sweet Jeep round ones under the push bar and keep the 5 rec's across the light bar.

Imho, I like the 2nd look with the smaller rectangle lights tons better!

BTW, where is the ComancheClub Hat Love in the pic (I assume that's you installing the lights on the bar)... We see how you are... :roll:

BTW, where is the ComancheClub Hat Love in the pic (I assume that's you installing the lights on the bar)... We see how you are... :roll:

I wondered how long that was going to take. When Tina took that shot, that is exactly what was on my mind too ;) . I had just come home from work and was still in my work attire.

I liked the bigger round lights on the bumper better myself, but this is a compromise situation here :brows: . There is no place to put any more lights on the bumper unless I have more tabs welded on or drill in the bumper plate itself.

I wondered how long that was going to take. When Tina took that shot, that is exactly what was on my mind too ;) . I had just come home from work and was still in my work attire.

I liked the bigger round lights on the bumper better myself, but this is a compromise situation here :brows: . There is no place to put any more lights on the bumper unless I have more tabs welded on or drill in the bumper plate itself.

Weld two new light tabs no big deal.