The "Might Joe" build... -Full Console 1/25/09-

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taz, that's similar to how I did my exhaust. I originally put on a Flowmaster and ran 2-1/2" pipes back over the axles too. But it was way too loud and droning for my tastes with the stroker and headers. So I pulled the Flowmaster and put in a similarly configured 1 in - two out Walker free-flow muffler and a small stainess cherry bomb type resonator in place of the cat. Sounds real good now, subtle but not loud, and made a big difference on the dyno too. I think it added a bit of back pressure that I didn't have before.

Mine did not have a cat. on it and Istayed with the 2.25 as I did not want to lose the back pressure. Iwa sa little worried that it might have the droning problem, but it's not there. We drove it out to dinner last Saturday night which was about an 8 mile trip in the interstate and we could not tell that it had been changed. You can hear/feel it a little more at slower speeds, but it's definitely quieter inside than I expected. I don't have a header though and that may make some difference.

• 3 weeks later...
Nice truck. Those tires really shine. I like that bumper seeing how you di not have to cut the fender..
Yeah...it can be used without cutting, but I decided to cut it anyway and feel it looks better cut now.

Haha thats funny my roomate works at Midas in St. George and put my flowmaster on for me to

They were not my first choice until I found that I had a connection there. I had gone to two other places, but they both wanted near or slightly over $400 :eek: .

• 4 months later...

Thanks guys... I haven't been able to do much to it in a while now, but I need to get to the little holes that I recently discovered in the floors before they become big trouble.

The roll/light bar came out of a 2001 Ford Ranger that the brother of a friend totaled. It only did minor damage to the bar and that damage is down at the bottom where it mounts to the bed so it's nearly un-noticeable.

• 4 weeks later...
Brent more info on the seatbelts????

The belts came from Car Parts Wholesale on eBay. Needed a little "finesse" to make the buckle end fit right, but they work great. Only available in Black though.

The cup holder looks like brand new, looks great :cheers: .

The cup holder is brand new from Oconee Off-Road on eBay.

I got a great deal and easy transaction on the console from a fellow CC member... smartazz19 :bowdown: jamminz.gif :thumbsup:

Brent more info on the seatbelts????

The belts came from Car Parts Wholesale on eBay. Needed a little "finesse" to make the buckle end fit right, but they work great. Only available in Black though.

The cup holder looks like brand new, looks great :cheers: .

The cup holder is brand new from Oconee Off-Road on eBay.

I got a great deal and easy transaction on the console from a fellow CC member... smartazz19 :bowdown: jamminz.gif :thumbsup:

I got the same Cupholder from Oconee for my full console... probably got to you faster since they are close....

Wade

Yea...it got here in two days even when shipped by First Class Mail :thumbsup: . Of course they are only about a 6-7 drive away from me :yes:

Wasn't bad shipping time, even out to the left coast... I actually have a quote out for tires out to them...seems to be the cheapest...they had a 10% off and free shipping deal...

What all had to happen to make those (seat belts) fit??

Also those cup holders kinda suck... Nothing fits in them, except change and a pack of smokes.. I have one on my XJ and thinking about taking it off cause I can't use the hand brake because of it.. I mean I need the hand brake to drift through the curves you know...

What all had to happen to make those (seat belts) fit??

Also those cup holders kinda suck... Nothing fits in them, except change and a pack of smokes.. I have one on my XJ and thinking about taking it off cause I can't use the hand brake because of it.. I mean I need the hand brake to drift through the curves you know...

Good thing my brake is still on the floor, activated by my big ole' foot! At least I have a place to put my coffee cup during my daunting 1.5 miles, 5 minute commute. I can't tell you how many coffee spills I had.

Wade

The end that attaches to the sides of the tranny tunnel had to be re-shaped a little to make them fit. A little bending and persuasion with a 3lb hammer and things went pretty smooth :yes: . The belt part was no problem...easy fit.

I was thinking that the cup holder was not going to be the best , but we usually don't have anything but a can of Diet Pepsi to put in them anyway. I'm sure I will be looking to upgrade the cup holder situation in the near future though :shake: :thumbsup:

My parking brake is on the flooor, so no problem there.

I know the parking brakes on the floor on a mj......... :fs1: :rant:

:D

:idea: Seems like on those cup holders if you could cut the holes larger and put something back that would allow big/larger cups. You don't have to worry about an e-brake, and there is lots of unused space under it all..