MJ of the Month!

MiNi Beast

Image Not Found

Best part is that's not actually me driving. :D Since I'm always the guy with the camera, I gave the keys to my friend Mike to go screw around in the puddle while I snapped off a few.

These things can be a HUGE PITA...BUT...they can be fun too. The only one that I have seen working consistently is a site that I used to be a Mod on. The site staff pics a "Rig of the Month" based on criteria that only they know. There is no submissions of pics or anything like that. Each month there is a new Rig posted as the ROTM and no one knows how or why it was chosen, but they all go along with it and don't quibble over who won and why.

We did it for a long time on my site ( Florida Jeepers ), but it got to be such a pain that we have stopped it for now. Our rules were that it had to be an action shot...NO POSERS...and it had to be legal riding so whom ever submitted the picture had to tell where it was taken to verify it was on legal land. We have many other rules, but I'm not going in to it here. If anyone would like to see them to possibly get ideas, I would be happy to copy/paste them in to a PM or on here for you.

For what it's worth, I'd prefer a mysterious (aka: random) MJotM to the contest type. I don't like drama.

In my head it'd be randomly chosen from the guys that have some decent photos of their rigs. No driveway shots will be shown. Ever. I don't care if your truck is only 2wd and you only drive it to church or the grocery store. At least take a pic of it in their parking lots! But I digress. :roll:

If anyone has any thoughts, might as well post them here. :D

For what it's worth, I'd prefer a mysterious (aka: random) MJotM to the contest type. I don't like drama.

In my head it'd be randomly chosen from the guys that have some decent photos of their rigs. No driveway shots will be shown. Ever. I don't care if your truck is only 2wd and you only drive it to church or the grocery store. At least take a pic of it in their parking lots! But I digress. :roll:

If anyone has any thoughts, might as well post them here. :D

I like it.. I don't want to vote, or have it become a popularity contest, but more random would be cool...

and since ALL my shots are in the driveway, I'm out of the running for now... Gotta get the thing in some dirt...

• 3 months later...
well Pete your back in town so time to go back to work. Who takes 3 vacations in one year? :roll:

I'm on permanent vacation! :D Also called being unemployed. Or as I like to call it, temporary early retirement. 8)

And if aemsee is referring to my truck (the red one in the water), I put the grille on upside down on purpose, just to be different. :D