convertible? sawzalls are fun...

JeepcoMJ

picked up this beater today for parts, and began parting out. at one point during the day, there were 7 MJ's at my place between me, my dad's, my bro's, 89eliminator's, geonovast's, and geonovast's friend's.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

as it sits now there's no tranny, front axle, cab section, and half the interior is removed. 4 cylinder 5 speed MJ.

Now al you have to do is put some 13" Dayton's on it with a 1000000 watt stereo, and some super candy pearl paint... and you will be the bomb. I forgot to add you need a tv in each door, and both sides of the dash, and in the tailgate :brows:

lol. truck got crushed on monday morning. yes, I've killed another MJ.

it was so far gone underneath, that when i chopped the top, it started to buckle in half. i couldn't open the doors by the time it was done.

They make a kit that allows you to cut off the from door to door like a hatch top. Removeable . But it does'nt say anything about integrity. It works on other mini's because they are body on frame. I thing I saved it , but not on my laptop.

They make a kit that allows you to cut off the from door to door like a hatch top. Removeable . But it does'nt say anything about integrity. It works on other mini's because they are body on frame. I thing I saved it , but not on my laptop.

who said anything about minis?

confused here :nuts:

who said anything about minis?

confused here :nuts:

He was talking about Mini trucks that have hardtop convertibles. I had one of these kits on a lowrider s-10 I had back in the 90's. It was nice for the first couple of yrs, but as time went on the top started to leak, also the windshield frame started flexing which kept causing it to break windshields. All In all it was a fun truck to ride around in

Maybe a new Logo for the forum is in order?

37077513tz6.jpg

Sweet!! That looks pretty cool..

Do-able! Also, I would be willing to do some for other's people's jeeps. Send me a pic from the side where the rocker is fairly level and I'll give it a shot.

I have a picture you could make a mini.. pm me your email..

• 2 weeks later...

It doesnt remove the entire roof panel, just the part above the door. You can then remove or replace when you want. What would that do to the integrity of the unibody ? I wasnt trying to say MJ's are mini's, but the mod itself as being done by mini owners.

It doesnt remove the entire roof panel, just the part above the door. You can then remove or replace when you want. What would that do to the integrity of the unibody ? I wasnt trying to say MJ's are mini's, but the mod itself as being done by mini owners.

Search targa tops,, A few production sports cars had them,, Corvette, 300Z's Supra's.. I know the kit your talking about,, its made for a few "mini" trucks..