Sellers remorse?

ridenlow12

Guys what was I thinking when I was going to sell my truck? :fool: Wahoo thanks for being understanding! Have any of you that have sold your truck regreted it? I found out just how much I love my mj when I thought about selling it.

:bowdown: comanche.gif

Can't say I've regretted selling an MJ, as I haven't had to do that before, but I do regret selling this.

Excuse the crappy pics, I had to take a pic of the original pics. Them are the only two pics I have left of what once was my beloved '84 Shelby Charger. I regret it everyday I look at them pics. Last I heard of it was about 4 years ago, the guy still has it and it's still winning car shows.

lee iacocca should come over to your house and beat you severely for selling that fine mopar.always has been one of my all time favorites.one of my buddies took a rolled one of them and made a shelby scamp.one hot little truck in its day.

Scamp? Are you sure on that one, or were/are you thinking of the Rampage? If the Rampage, oh yea, them are some sexy lil trucks.

Yea, I fully regret selling it, but at the time it was either sell the car, or live in it. I had put everything I had into that lil car. Full ground up resto using factory dealership parts; over $3,000 into just parts alone, and another $1,500 to have it repainted in the factory color/paint scheme.

There are many cars I regret selling: a Lemon Twist '71 340 pistol grip 4 speed 'Cuda with a 8 3/4 rear diff that I would swap from 3.23 gears to 4.88 gears in under an hour, best time 11.12 at 128mph, a '69 primer Cutlass 310HP 350ci Rocket V-8 M-22 4 speed 3.73 geared toy, a Hemi Orange '68 Roadrunners 440 Six-pack pistol grip 4 speed with 4.10 gears. A '72 Sublime 383 pistol grip 4 speed 'Cudawith 4.30 gears, a '71 455 auto Cutlass with 4.56 gears. A black '77 Aspen SE RT I put a built 340 in with a 999 slapstick auto and 3.90 gears. my '74 W150 PowerWagon 360 granny gear stick, A '78 Little Red Express, and my latest one that handled the best and ran high 11's, my black '05 SRT4 ACR with 300+ HP and 380# of torque at the front tires.

I'm sure there are more, I've had 5 CJ's, a 68 Camaro and a bunch of cycles too.

I should have saved them I'd be a rich man...

I traded a 74 Comet GT with 8" slicks and a scoop for a freaking Spyder that blew up 1/2 way back to college the same day I traded. Then the girl who was the reason I traded it in the first place (gas mileage to her college) broke up with me.

Sigh. I always say I'll never own anything but a 4wd, but I always think to myself "unless I find a Comet GT".

i think the scamp was the plymouth name for the rampage.scamps are much less common.

You're fully correct, I completely forgot about the mid 80's Scamps. I seen the Scamp name and immediately thought back to the 70's.

D@mn these pain meds anyways, making me not think clearly.

Tim, that's quite an impressive collection you had there. I'd love to have any one of them, especially the Lil Red Express truck; or better yet, it's evil twin, the Warlock. jamminz.gif

my first car was a 90 plymouth colt, yeah i know it wasnt anything to be to proud of but it had alot of good memorys with it. i sold it to a friend that needed a car at the time and i was even thinking of buying it back from him, but a week later he was drunk and totaled it then fled the scene. R.I.P. then i just recently sold my 94 integra GSR cuz hondas suck @$$ to fix and are expencive. now that i think about it i have remorse for every car i sold. maybe i just get too attached to my vehicles

Only vehicle I sold was my 89 XJ, and it went to my brother, cause his 92 got hit.

The oil stains on the bottom is where the XJ was parked. That street is a 30 MPH zone.

&^*#ing Eclipse....Anyway.

He then sold it after he got his 98 XJ, with the AX-15 and NP 231 from the 92 sitting in the back. Didn't even ask extra for it...just thought it was convienent way to get rid of the trans.

Only vehicle I sold was my 89 XJ, and it went to my brother, cause his 92 got hit.

The oil stains on the bottom is where the XJ was parked. That street is a 30 MPH zone.

&^*#ing Eclipse....Anyway.

He then sold it after he got his 98 XJ, with the AX-15 and NP 231 from the 92 sitting in the back. Didn't even ask extra for it...just thought it was convienent way to get rid of the trans.

lol i forgot about all of this. stupid @$$ kids in their eclipse. i still don't understand how they ended up upside down

Rode up the tire and knicked the gas tank. A good inch long scratch on it that was definitly from the eclipse.
oh well. the world is a better place with one less crappy eclipse in it. too bad your bros jeep had to take the hit tho

Can't say I've regretted selling an MJ, as I haven't had to do that before, but I do regret selling this.

Excuse the crappy pics, I had to take a pic of the original pics. Them are the only two pics I have left of what once was my beloved '84 Shelby Charger. I regret it everyday I look at them pics. Last I heard of it was about 4 years ago, the guy still has it and it's still winning car shows.

Nice Shelby!

I am a huge fan of the SC. I own an 87 Garnet and Silver car.

Are you sure that car was an 84? The reason I ask because the 84 were only carbed cars. The Turbo I engine was not availble until the 85 model year. Also the 5 lug "pizza" wheels were not produced until 85 as well. You may have got a late production 84 that already had the turbo and 5 lug wheels. But, my best guess would be that the car was an 85.

Here is a pic of my 87 SC with 70K miles on it and my old Rampage I sold.

1558.jpg

s1569.jpg

1559.jpg

Are you sure that car was an 84? The reason I ask because the 84 were only carbed cars. The Turbo I engine was not availble until the 85 model year. Also the 5 lug "pizza" wheels were not produced until 85 as well. You may have got a late production 84 that already had the turbo and 5 lug wheels. But, my best guess would be that the car was an 85.

You may be right, but it was titled as an '84, so that's what I've based it off of. I just wish I didn't lose all but them pics, I had a lot more of under the hood, and the interior as well. The last I knew, the guy I sold it to lives over in St. Cloud, Minnesota.

Yours looks killer man, almost a twin to my old one. That Rampage is sweetness too.

don't even get me started on the dumbasses that drive eclipse's. there was this one kid at my school that thought his eclipse was pretty cool and was always drifting it around the parking lot and passing people (i had a extremely close call on this one) on double yellow until one day when he rearended a guy on the highway by the school at 85 mph (its a 40 mph school zone...

Needless to say the eclipse is no longer in existance and his liscense is the same way.............. :headpop: