Gotta Lay Some Traps

UNL1MTD

Been noticing some mice outside in the driveway the past couple weeks. Today I was picking up inside the MJ and noticed a paper towel was torn up and there was mice $#!& all around. I've been infiltrated!

I'm flabbergasted a bit because I have been driving the MJ atleast twice a week for the past month. This appears to be recent, so hopefully no damage has been done.

The parts MJ I had was lived in by some mice and they abosultely ran a muck in there from chewing up the plastic trim to eating wires. Anways, I gotta go out of town for three days and plan on laying some mouse traps to see if I can't nip this in the butt now.

Any places inside/outside you guys would recommend as good spots to leave a couple traps? I've got six to place.

Coiencidently I've already killed one by running it over 3 days ago.

I'm not letting these little $#!&ters take away my truck!

I would put them on the ground under the truck by the front tires (where they likely jump up into the truck). Maybe a couple on the floor of the truck, but only if you check them every day. I don't like the thought of a dead animal potentially stinking up my truck. :ack:

If you do nothing else, get some steel wool and stuff it inside the lower heater vent openings (on the tranny hump), and close all your dash vents. That will keep them out of the HVAC plumbing....trust me, I speak from experience. You do not want them in there. Five years later, and I'm still picking pieces of bedding out of my vents :roll:

Jeff

If you just want a way to get them out for now try moth balls. I buy and sell cars and parts and all that good stuff and from time to time we get a junker in that has a family of mice. Granted our cars and trucks just sit and are never drove again so i don't know about getting the smell out but the moth balls always seem to do the trick. We just throw a handful in the floor on each side. I guess moth ball smell would beat dead mouse smell if it came down to it but nether one is nice to think about though lol.

O boy i hate mice , but i love to hunt them. i work on school buses and have had to hunt the little buggers often and my favorite trap is the standard spring trap but i use all natural peanut butter as the bate (no additives) and that seams to work the best . what i recomend is to place a trap at each tire making sure to place the trap close to the tire and one or two in the cab . also what u need to do is start pulling the dash plastics and stereo out as thats most likly where they are going to be hiding because its always warm there.

happy hunting :thumbsup:

well, I ended up laying 4 spring traps and some posion :D

put one on the bench since I saw they were chewing it up, 2 on the floors and 1 in the bed. put out some posion on each side too. I'm hoping for atleast 2 dead mice by the time I get back this weekend.

I didn't even think of closing the vents, I'm 99% that they are because I had the window down. Lets hope that they are.

Oh there is nothing better than driving along and seeing something running on the floor out of the corner of your eye. Put a trap in the car and got nothing. Moved it to the garage floor and caught it the first night. The spring traps are great since usually you know where the body is and can remove it. I had a bunch in the house and were working four traps. Had a harvest every night but some traps have never been found. They either dragged it along or their buddies did.

I wonder after they send in the suicide mouse do the buddies eat the peanut butter in front of the dead guy?

damn it! i said to myself "I'm glad i don't have to deal with a mouse problem"! when i read the thread the other night. went up to the barn and took it for a drive. got to my wifes ex boyfriends house (long strange story) and went to grab the roll of paper towel from behind the seat.....it was shredded!!!! went to trader horn and bought some spray to repell them ....gag me this stuff smells like rotten cheese!!! i like the mothball idea ... the smell of those reminds me of grandma!

my favorite trap is the standard spring trap but i use all natural peanut butter as the bate (no additives) and that seams to work the best

Yep, peanut butter works great. The donor XJ became host to some varments. Put the trap in the battery tray. First night caught one, then three more over a weeks time. Got those heavy duty plastic spring traps from lowes. They worked almost too good as the underside of the hood looked like a horror film setting with blood splatters.

my favorite trap is the standard spring trap but i use all natural peanut butter as the bate (no additives) and that seams to work the best

Yep, peanut butter works great. The donor XJ became host to some varments. Put the trap in the battery tray. First night caught one, then three more over a weeks time. Got those heavy duty plastic spring traps from lowes. They worked almost too good as the underside of the hood looked like a horror film setting with blood splatters.

lol

I hope the spring traps catch some, would laugh my @$$ off if it looked like a crime scene. I wish I put one in the engine bay. Definitely have to try that when I get back.

Still have no idea, get back to the truck Saturday night. Keeping my fingers crossed for some dead varmats.

complete bummer, no dead mice

going to continue to put out traps at night as I did find some chewed up acorns on the fan pulley bracket off the block

damn mice are outsmarting me